Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Jesus Help! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/jesus-help-15823/)

Mark_H 01-31-2008 12:16 AM

Jesus Help!

OMFGoodness! Alright Guys, I Have Never Ever Needed Your Help More Than I Do Now! Alright For Some Reason, Some Time Ago (3 Days), My Radio Stopped Working. It Is A Cheap JVC But Still. The Eject Turns The Radio On Temporarily, But Then It Turns Off Right After It Ejects The CD. It Will Also Turn On When I Click The "Check Time" Button - But Again Only Temporarily. I AM GOING CRAZY!! I Need To Be Able To Listen To My Music! Please Help!

Mark_H 01-31-2008 12:20 AM

RE: Jesus Help!

Here Is A Pic Of The Radio!

t00fatt 01-31-2008 10:04 AM

Sounds like your radio is broken or you've got a bad connection on the switched ignition wire(usually red). Those functions of the radio work when the key is off and it draws power from the constant on (usually yellow). So its possible the radio is only getting power from the constant hot(yellow) and not from the switched hot(red). Pull the radio out, get a volt meter, turn the key to "ON" then check the voltage at the switched(red) wire. If there is no voltage you've got a blown fuse somewhere. If there is voltage you've got a bad connection or a bad radio.

Whitefoxx 01-31-2008 07:11 PM

whats the big deal, just go get a new head unit, this time do it right, get a ALPINE

kingpin 01-31-2008 10:47 PM

You can do a quick test for a hard reset. Just hold the power button and the eject button at the same time for about 5 seconds with the car on. If that doesn't do anything the you will need to test the wires to make sure you have power.

Mark_H 02-01-2008 12:57 AM

How do i checfk the voltage? Or wires?

Mark_H 02-01-2008 12:57 AM

How do i check the voltage? Or wires?

Nova 02-01-2008 01:04 AM

Wait wait... Stop.

Check your RADIO fuse under the dash AND under the hood. If both are good, then take the Stereo out and check the fuse behind your Stereo plug (has an average of 16 plugs on it) and check the fuse in there. If that is fine, then get a PROBE light indicator or a 12 volt Digital Multi Meter (DMM), turn the ignition to ACC, or if yourcar is different, thengo to"Run", THENcheck the RED Wire on the plug that was previously in your stereo. If it shows 12volts or makes the Light light up, then you have yourself a wasted stereo.

MacLeod 02-01-2008 08:10 PM

Chances are the radio is toast.

If a fuse is blown it wouldnt come on at all.

Good news is, this is a great excuse to upgrade!! :D

pham9006 02-01-2008 10:52 PM

im down with whitefoxx and macleod..