Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   which kicker speaker (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/kicker-speaker-40649/)

frezel 06-09-2011 06:21 PM

which kicker speaker

Ok I pit in a Boston acoustic 400m amp it has 2 ohm 400 watts and 4 ohm 250 x 1 channel mono amp. I have 2 old school kicker solo baric 8 inch. I have the old speaker and sub in my car currently and the other one.is.missing he speaker. The old speaker sounds good but I think the amp is.driving to much power to.it distorting it at times. I wanted.to put the.other one in so I would need another speaker anyway. Crutchfield has a sale now buy.one het one free on the kicker comp 8 the are 4 ohm dual 8 inch rated 50 to 100rms, I would either buy 2 of these and.some how wire.them to run off the mono amp or by the better kicker series which is a 2 ohm speaker rated with a way higher rms rating. I will try to get the exact speakers currently I'm on cell phone but will get back.soon, in the mean time input please lol

neophyte 06-09-2011 06:49 PM

That was really hard to read. it is not hard to wire multiple speakers to one channel. Also what series is the solobaric? If the amp is pushing to much power turn the gain down. If you are going to wire the 2 2ohms to one channel it will either give you 2 ohms or 1 ohm. if your amp is only putting out 400 watts then that is all the power you are going to get. it doesnt matter which speaker is rated higher. how is the solobaric wired now? I doubt it is the amp distorting it. More likely it is the box or how you have the amp set or you are clipping. 400 watts probably isnt going to cause any noticeable distortion coming from pure power.(not on a solobaric anyways) is there a reason you are going with 8 inch subs? I would think instead of two eights get one ten or one twelve if you want more bass. Unless there is a specific reason you want 8's

frezel 06-09-2011 07:28 PM

Sorry for the confusion I know that the kicker substation I have sounded great back then but then again I ran 2 of them and an after market radio . But now I have a factory radio and only running one box. My thought was to either upgrade the speaker in the one, or both but a single box would be ideal as I have kids and don't want to take up to much space up and I am not really sure what 12 inch box combo sonds good that I could buy

neophyte 06-09-2011 08:50 PM

a single box with two subs and two boxes with one each is going to require the same air space. boxes are easy and fairly cheap to build. I would stay away from combos.

keep_hope_alive 06-13-2011 08:48 PM

actually, factory loaded enclosures do great - they are built to specs and perform well. i've had luck with Kicker, JL Audio, and MTX loaded enclosures.

you don't want two dual 4 ohm subs. can only be wired for 1 ohm or 4 ohm. 4 ohm can work with your amp, but you're not getting the most out of it.

you want two dual 2 ohm or single 4 ohm subs. A pair of Kicker 10C84 would work.

distortion may be because your gain setting is too high.

neophyte 06-14-2011 09:00 AM

my father has a mtx loaded enclosure. it is a single ten. it is horrible. he would have gotten more bass replacing the 6x9s.

keep_hope_alive 06-14-2011 06:59 PM

placement is everything when it comes to a sub. the best sub in the world can sound terrible when the placement and listening position result in phase interference. i've owned a loaded MTX triple-10" enclosure that was surprisingly good, and installed about a dozen others (of varying sizes) that people were very happy with, given their investment. MTX is inexpensive, won't perform on the same level as JL Audio.

a single 10 can work if properly located and powered. maybe your dad bought one of the poor ones, or maybe the placement isn't good for that vehicle and listening position.

neophyte 06-14-2011 08:49 PM

it is a standard cab ranger. there are no placement options except behind the seat.

keep_hope_alive 06-14-2011 10:51 PM

yea, it's tough in those vehicles. it's more vibration than anything. you still need good midbass speakers.