Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Know nothing about audio! which to get for my accord se?! please help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/know-nothing-about-audio-get-my-accord-se-please-help-43737/)

rameel4 11-01-2011 10:13 PM

Know nothing about audio! which to get for my accord se?! please help

So i work at bestt buyy and i get a very good discount on everything with car audio and all. So i want to upgrade my sound system on my car! I have a 2012 Honda accord SE.

I mainly listen to hip hop and house music so i like bass, i am not sure how to go about this, get a whole new system? Just get Subs? What should i replace and which brands should i take? whats the best package?! once again price probably isnt a problem since i get 50% off the stuff. Thank you in advance!

neophyte 11-01-2011 10:27 PM

i dont know what brands best buy sells. but i dont think they sell anything really high end. a budget would still be nice though. this stuff can add up quick. we are talking a grand in a blink of an eye if it isnt properly planned out.

rameel4 11-01-2011 10:30 PM

dang, heres there website Car Audio: Car Speakers, Amplifiers & Stereos - Best Buy

and my budget would probably be 300 dollars but since i get 50% off. u can probably do up to 600 dollars cause i would get the discounts

neophyte 11-01-2011 10:46 PM

here is what i would go with if you were to do just speakers. 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
(I know that is not at best buy but it is really good wire at a good price)
Power Acoustik - CRYPT CPT4-1200 Car Amplifier - 4 x 100 W @ 4 Ohm - 4 x 125 W @ 2 Ohm - 1200 W PMPO - 4 Channel - Class AB - Black - CPT4-1200
Amp
JBL - 6" x 9" 2-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - Jblgto928
Rear
Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way Component Car Speakers with Poly-Mica Cones (Pair) - SPS-610C
front.

I will get a list for a sub set up based on what I would do. but that set up I listed should run you around 210.

neophyte 11-01-2011 10:52 PM

sub
Alpine - Type R 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 8-Ohm Subwoofer - SWR-1243D
amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-...&skuId=1685131
amp kit
4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

that for subs cost you about 350. you could go cheaper but I wouldnt. especially if you get such a good discount. take advantage of it.

there are of course other costs involved.
A box (I would build my own cost about 50 in material)
some way to convert your signal so your amp gets it. (PAC LOC probably the cheapest way)
and I highly suggest sound deadner (not cheap by any means)
baffels to fit the new speakers in your doors. (you can use scrap from making the box)

rameel4 11-01-2011 10:57 PM

is it okay to use different speakers tho? like different brand names in the front and the back whole different speakers?

and should i have to change my deck as well?

and will the steering wheel audio controlers still work and my aux input still work after doing all this?

and btw thanks for all this help

neophyte 11-01-2011 11:04 PM

is your a/c dual climate control that is intigrated in to you stereo? Either way I dont see any sense in changing it. If you amp everything you have all the adjustments you need.

Different brands are fine wont hurt anything.

If you change out the deck you will loose your steering wheel controls.

keep_hope_alive 11-02-2011 10:47 PM

See the other thread for my recommendations

crispin 11-20-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by msmith1983 (Post 261507)
You can try to sell your audio system or contact the dealer.I had same requirement and I went to my dealer and they said they will give me some discount for the old one. Though he did not reduced much but he offered me 30% discount on new one. You can look for same option.

Thanks,

why the **** do we have so many SPAM BOTS on this board???

I am a member of many boards and this in the only one that has these problems.

GTFO - SPAM BOT

keep_hope_alive 11-23-2011 11:02 PM

all forums have spam. it is up to the moderators to ban them before people click on their links.

i have been very busy with work and family lately and my actions have been delayed.