Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Line Out Converter (LOC) Questions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/line-out-converter-loc-questions-23557/)

StrikingAccord 02-13-2009 05:05 AM

Line Out Converter (LOC) Questions

I have a 2004 Accord and Im trying to install an Audiocontrol LC6 LOC as well as a 3-Way X-over and 5 Channel Amplifier

I have a few questions:

1- Should I wire my LOC to the rear speaker wires or to the front ones? If so, how does one wire the front speakers to the LOC?

2- Are the rear speakers getting sent a full range signal?

3- Is there an accessory located in the rear in which I can tap to the components

Thanks

t00fatt 02-13-2009 11:35 AM

If you are going to use 4 or 5 channels, I would tap into both the front and the rears. If you just need two or a single channel, tapping into the rears is fine. Yes the rears are getting a full range signal from the stock HU. I just tapped into the ignition at the dash, I don't know of a switched power source in the rear.

Moddage 02-13-2009 11:40 AM

typically with a LOC install you want to utilize all 4 channels of the stock headunit..

that way your fade/balance controls function as normal..

the general accepted method that i've always seen used and followed myself is this.

Front outputs to LOC for front amp channels rear outputs to LOC for rear amp channels and sub channels..

basically you splice the sub LOC and rear speaker LOC into the rear speaker outputs from the stock HU and the front LOC channels go off the front speaker outs..

make sense?

and you can tap into the harness basically wherever you see fit for your task.. but typically it's near the head unit.. then you run RCA's from the LOC's to your amps.. and you only have to run 2 sets of wires back to the front to connect the front speakers to the amp.. the rear speaker and sub connections are made right in the trunk..

Basically it goes like this..

Cut headunit connections and connect LOC's so basically the headunit is connected to LOC's now and your speakers no longer have sound.. RCA's from LOC's to the amps/amp then amp outputs to speakers.. you do NOT want the headunit to be connected on BOTH sides of the LOC/amp circuit that would be BAD.. so a typical splice wont work here.. you're going to have to cut the connections from the speakers to the headunit..

Now in the event that you're using aftermarket speakers as well.. you don't have to sever the factory harness.. you can splice into it, and just unplug all the connections at the speakers and run dedicated wires from the amps/amp..

hope this helps

EDIT: t00fatt beat me to the punch haha

~Moddage

falkore24 02-13-2009 01:18 PM

The 3-way crossover and 5 channel amp indicate that you want good quality sound. If this is the case, I'd scrap the LOC if I were you and get a RF 360 or JL Cleansweep converter system.

t00fatt 02-13-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by falkore24 (Post 155676)
The 3-way crossover and 5 channel amp indicate that you want good quality sound. If this is the case, I'd scrap the LOC if I were you and get a RF 360 or JL Cleansweep converter system.

Yeah this is very good advice. The stock HU has a built in EQ to try and make the stock speakers sound boomy. Which deteriorates the sound quality with a real system. I didn't see you wanted to run a crossover, and if you are you really need a cleansweep.

StrikingAccord 02-13-2009 07:25 PM

Thanks for the replies

Im going to go with this setup for now, if I do not like it then I will explore other options

StrikingAccord 02-13-2009 07:27 PM

Im a bit confused with the approach

Im not going to be using my rear speakers.

So, would I need to use all my LC6 inputs?

StrikingAccord 02-13-2009 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my original plan:

Attachment 21669

So, this will not work?

MacLeod 02-13-2009 07:47 PM

Use the rear speakers. Both front and rear are EQ'd by the stock head unit but the rear speakers are a little flatter in their EQ'ing. Plus its just easier since youre likely installing the Audiocontrol piece (excellent piece by the way) in the trunk, this will be easier.

StrikingAccord 02-14-2009 04:31 AM

thanks!

saves me from getting headaches :)