Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Moving system to Accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/moving-system-accord-46130/)

Chris333 03-11-2012 03:26 PM

Moving system to Accord

First post!

My old car is a 2000 VW with a Pioneer DEH-P860MP head unit. In the pillars and doors I have a 6.5"mid/1"tweet component set with X-over. And on each side of the dash I have a 4"mid/1"tweet component set with X-over. One 12" woofer in the back. One 2 channel 800W amp on the fronts and a 1 channel 800W amp on the back (both 400W when @ 4 Ohms)

I've had it all for about 7 years with no problems so I would like to re-use it all in the Accord. A 2004 EX coupe. I know I can fit the 6.5" and one set of tweeters, but where would be a good spot for the 4"/1" set?

Thanks
Chris

crispin 03-11-2012 04:03 PM

I really do not see using the 4" components in the Accord

The only place to put them would be in the rear deck but I believe you would be better off Sound wise to keep the 6x9's in the rear deck as you will get much more mid-bass with them.

Make sure you seal your doors when installing the 6.5's in the front as it makes a HUGE difference in sound.

neophyte 03-11-2012 09:18 PM

unless you wanted to make custom door pannels I am going with crispin

edit: or you could put them in the kick

Chris333 03-11-2012 10:24 PM

I was thinking. I may just leave the stuff in the VW and get a component set with compression loaded horns under the dash. My buddy had them in a 99 accord and that was the best sound I've ever heard.

Anybody put them in a 04' yet ?

keep_hope_alive 03-12-2012 06:56 PM

Like the Image Dynamics HLCD? Tough to fit on the passenger side, zero room there. Maybe if you sacrificed the glove box.

Great sound requires more than drop-in speakers. Lots of install time and care is requried. The Accord can sound great with enough effort.

You could use the 4's for a front 3-way but you'd need to have an active crossover and 4 amp channels for the front. Also, depth may be an issue depending on how much you want to build out the doors.

Chris333 03-13-2012 04:55 AM

My buddy had Image Dynamics in his accord. The install was all the way ghetto. The horns were zip-tied under the dash. But those along with 6.5" in his doors were great.

It sounded like I could grab into the air and pick the exact spot where each sound was coming from. I never heard anything like that before.

I had a USD waveguide component set a while back, but they wouldn't fit in the VW so I sold them off.

I'll have to make some cardboard mock-ups and see what will fit in the new ride.

One question though: Would the 13 band EQ in my DEH-P860MP be enough to get the horns sounding good?

Chris333 03-13-2012 05:46 AM

Crap, I just did something crazy... looked under the dash. Yeah no room for horns Grrrrrr

OK back to the system. I don't need to use the 4" set, but I liked the extra volume they gave me.

keep_hope_alive 03-15-2012 11:26 PM

in the right place, they wil make the difference and give you more volume. a dash is the loudest location for them. since you won't have that as an option, the kicks are the next best location.