Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   My Budget Setup (PICS) (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/my-budget-setup-pics-26203/)

StrikingAccord 06-23-2009 04:15 PM

My Budget Setup (PICS)

Honda 6-CD h/u (stock)

Audiocontrol LC6
Blaupunkt BX-01E Active X-Over
Seas Neo Aluminum Tweeters
Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5 Mids
Crossfire 705D 5 Channel Amplifier
15" Elemental Design E15K (03 e-coned)
Custom Sealed Enclosure
Rockford Fosgate/Knukonceptz Wiring

:)

StrikingAccord 06-23-2009 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21112
blaupunkt 3way x-over

Attachment 21113
audiocontrol lc6

StrikingAccord 06-23-2009 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21110

Attachment 21111

2003 edesign e15k sub

StrikingAccord 06-23-2009 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21108

pg rsd mids

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...tweetsstng.jpg

seas aluminum tweets (top)

Attachment 21109

crossfire vr705d 5ch amplifier

Chrisw89 06-24-2009 04:08 PM

Nice, any installed pics?

t00fatt 06-24-2009 05:37 PM

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it won't be so cheap when you have to replace half of that gear because it's quality is just not up to par. Even if you like the way it sounds, that amp and those drivers are not going to last you very long, unless you really drive them easy.

I only say this not to let you know, but so others don't see this and think that $400 is all they need for good sound and quality gear. Sorry, but this setup will have neither of the two. If your happy with your set up, great and I wish you the best of luck, but I don't think it was a wise investment.

StrikingAccord 06-25-2009 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by t00fatt (Post 176025)
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it won't be so cheap when you have to replace half of that gear because it's quality is just not up to par. Even if you like the way it sounds, that amp and those drivers are not going to last you very long, unless you really drive them easy.

I only say this not to let you know, but so others don't see this and think that $400 is all they need for good sound and quality gear. Sorry, but this setup will have neither of the two. If your happy with your set up, great and I wish you the best of luck, but I don't think it was a wise investment.

what are you basing your assumptions on? have you heard these drivers? have you owned this amp?

I think you should do some research before you criticize people's systems.

t00fatt 06-25-2009 10:33 AM

No I have never heard an ED sub, I do know they like to be be re-coned though. And that is not exactly their top of the line sub. I sure if you gave that 15" some real power it will get nice and loud, but it will not be too crisp or accurate. Those speakers you have are really sub par, and crossfire amps are not horrible but still nothing to call home to momma about. I guess your missing my point. Your happy with your system, great that's what is truly important. But making a post like this can give a lot of people the wrong idea, especially posting on on multiple forums. I consider my own system a budget system, but I don't feel significant enough to go around posting it for everyone to see, I just don't see the point in that. Everyone has different tastes, and likes different sound. I'm glad you like it and were able to get it at a good price, but that gear is not known to last. I'm sorry that this upsets you, would you prefer that I lied to you instead of giving you my honest opinion? And this is nothing more than my opinion, so you can go on living no matter what I say, I'm just some random guy on the internet.

StrikingAccord 06-26-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt (Post 176093)
No I have never heard an ED sub, I do know they like to be be re-coned though. And that is not exactly their top of the line sub. I sure if you gave that 15" some real power it will get nice and loud, but it will not be too crisp or accurate. Those speakers you have are really sub par, and crossfire amps are not horrible but still nothing to call home to momma about. I guess your missing my point. Your happy with your system, great that's what is truly important. But making a post like this can give a lot of people the wrong idea, especially posting on on multiple forums. I consider my own system a budget system, but I don't feel significant enough to go around posting it for everyone to see, I just don't see the point in that. Everyone has different tastes, and likes different sound. I'm glad you like it and were able to get it at a good price, but that gear is not known to last. I'm sorry that this upsets you, would you prefer that I lied to you instead of giving you my honest opinion? And this is nothing more than my opinion, so you can go on living no matter what I say, I'm just some random guy on the internet.

I'm not upset, Im just a bit confused how a self proclaimed "stereo guru" can critique a system without knowing about it.

That E15K sub is from 2003 (wow 6 years old and it hasnt failed on me). Different buildhouse from what ED has now. You must be thinking about the A series recone. And just because it is not a top of the line sub doesnt mean that it will sound bad. This sub is underrated and has great SQ. I have owned many 15" subs. I had the opportunity to install the JL 15W6, Adire Tempest, Ascendant Audio Atlas, Dayton DVC and the Phoenix Gold Titanium and I must say this E15K sub can compete with them.

The Crossfire VR705D amp is also underrated. It was built in 2001 (wow 8 years old and it's still working). This amp is a powerhouse.

check this out:

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Crossfire_VR705D/

I bet you never heard about Seas Aluminum Neo tweeters. Do you know they can play down low to 2khz (with a steep slope)? The Seas tweeters are very detailed and blend well with my mids. They have good power handling and sound great off axis.

The PG RSD Mids are very good speakers for the money. They do not play that well down low (under 70hz or so) but their midbass is very snappy and accurate. These mids can handle over 100wrms (if you know what you are doing).

Overall my budget system sounds great and can compete with your setup I bet :)

Do not let the price fool you. I have done many budget setups over the years and have surprised many people.

Dont steer people away from budget systems, especially setups that you have never heard.

t00fatt 06-26-2009 11:45 PM

Alright well apparently I am in fact not familiar with your setup. I have absolutely no experience with any of that gear, and can only go by what I've heard or have read. Although the phoenix components I have heard were very dull and distorted pretty bad with bass. They weren't crossed, so it could have just been what you are saying with the real low stuff.

I'm not a self proclaimed anything, I don't even think I'm all that knowledgeable in this field. I really only have an understanding of the basics. I just look like I know what I'm talking about because of the simplistic type of questions that are asked here. I have just been the only one in here answering questions for so long our admin decided to give me that title.