Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   navigation options (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/navigation-options-4739/)

phido723 08-31-2006 02:02 AM

navigation options

Hey everyone. Im in the process of buying a new 2006 accord coupe EX. Im torn right now between purchasing it with the navi system or just getting the EX and then buying an in-dash navi system. I was looking for any insight any of you all could provide about either pros and cons or perhaps some actual in-dash navi system models. The honda navi is preferrable except that those packages are way costly considering i dont care much for all the options (ie leather, climate control, XM) that comes with upgrading to an EX-L. Thanks for any advice

RoXeTTeMaN 09-09-2006 08:45 PM

RE: navigation options

It's totally up to you. In my case, I spent more on my new car with factory NAV. If you are going to make payments after purchasing your new car it will be a cost of maybe $12 more a month than without this option. I also didn't care about leather and XM radio but since Honda puts all in EX-L model there is no chance of modification. I think Honda's NAV is one of the best NAV systems installed in cars nowadays. I have not seen BMWs or Mercedes' but my girlfriend has Infinity G35 wit NAV and she likes mine better over hers, so there you go. I would say go for factory NAV.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1921/105C9F106ADE454DBC33D46C826DE63E.jpg[/IMG]

mamarotta 09-09-2006 11:47 PM

RE: navigation options

ok it comes down to one simple question...does accuracy mean anything to u? ok well im going to guess it does. My experieince with this aftermarket stuff and oem stuff is oem has an accuracy of plus minus 5 ft while the other navigations are plus minus 9 ft. so ur saying what in the world does it mean to u. welp if the navigation can't tell u where u are...how can u tell where u should go.

I have nav with my 05 accord and it knows when im in the wrong lane ..i have also used aftermarket crap. it couldnt tell where on the road i was. and whats worse it onlu does down to 1 tenth of a mile accuracy to the next turn..so lets say there are 2 turns near each other u will not know where to go...trust me its real...if u use the nav its because u dont know where it is but if u do u wouldnt use it unless u need to plot around a congested artery or so...the only thing with honda nav as opposed to acura nav is that acura has bluetooth to control ur bluetooth phone and xm nav alert where it acutally plots around those sticky cituations.

I cant wait for the day that these cars are totally connected for the internet and are so flawlessly intergrated that the car is just an extension of ur computer. amazing stuff.....its the inegration thats not there yet...... star trek here we come.