Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Need 2005 EX radio removal advice (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/need-2005-ex-radio-removal-advice-754/)

tommoran2 06-29-2005 10:08 AM

Need 2005 EX radio removal advice

I need to tap into an accesaory wire for a Radar detector and was thinking of using the accessory wire on radio or the power access plug on the center dash console. Are there instructions or tips anywhere on this site on how to access either of those 2 locations.

thanks

Tom

theycallmerickjames 06-30-2005 02:41 AM

RE: Need 2005 EX radio removal advice

ok, i have an ex 05, and i work at an install bay so i've done this a few times..... so here u go

1) pull up the cover around the gear shift, and unplug the heated seats, if u have them.
2) in the coinholder/ashtray area next to the cigarette lighter, take a small flathead, and pop up the insert, there are two clips holding this in
3)now that u have pulled that up, there are two screws down there, remove those and the ashtray and cig lighter will come up.

THE CIG LIGHTER IS ACCESSORY, SO YOU CAN TAP INTO IT HERE, BUT IF U INSIST ON REMOVING THE RADIO....

4)pulling up the cig lighter/ashtray area will expose two more screws holding in the huge pocket, remove those
5) with the pocket door CLOSED, insert a hook shaped pick tool, or anything that can go in and pull from the back, and give it a little tug LEAVE THE DOOR CLOSED WHEN U PULL IT OUT
6) now locate the two 8mm bolts, they are silver, and remove

NOW FOR THE HARD PART

6) u have to take out the A/C vent area, VER VERY carefully insert a pic tool on the sides and pull toward u, there are three clips holding this in, left middle and right
7)lay this to the side, out of your way, i don't sugggest unplugging the passenger seatbelt plug, which i think is yellow
8) now there are three black screws holding in the top, remove those
9) on the bottom V shaped area, there are three MORE clips holding it in, tug on them and now your radio is FREE of all bolts and screws and clips and other annoying things

Before u unplug your radio, make sure you have your radio code handy for when u plug it back up

hope this helps u out, enjoy!

tommoran2 06-30-2005 10:53 AM

Hey, Thanks a million

exactly what I needed to know.

Heres another ? if I may.

I would like to put a set on 6.5 component spkrs (Polk Audio DB series) in the rear. I want to mount a 2 ch amp back there also to run them. How easy is it to get power and acces lines to this area for the amp ?? Whats the best route.

Thanks Again

Tom

theycallmerickjames 06-30-2005 12:43 PM

the battery is on the left side, so run your power wire down that side. You can run your RCA's down that side too, but to make sure u don't get any engine noise, make sure you keep them about a foot or more apart from the power wire. I'd run them down the opposite side, if it were me. Just take your time, everything basically just "pops" up. None of the new cars really have very many screws, especially accords. your back seat has two clips. if you pull the plastic release tabs the seat bottom will come right up

tommoran2 06-30-2005 12:59 PM

I dont beleive the head unit has RCA out, so I was going to just use the existing rear spkr wire and a hi-lo convertor to get to my amp in rear, then just come off amp to new rear deck Polk/Audio spkrs. I do need a convenient acces connection for the amp tho. Not sure I want to rip[ the radio out to use the same one the radio uses. What do you think ???

thanks Again

Tom

theycallmerickjames 07-01-2005 12:34 AM

what are u asking?

tommoran2 07-01-2005 10:20 AM

My ? is .

Is there a convenient accesory lead anywhere in the rear of the car for the AMP connection ???

ALso, Is there some TRICK to removing the plastic shield under the driver side area covering all of the underside stuff. I could pull off the shield from the firewall side but the front (which meets the finish plastic trim under the steering wheel) would not come out. All Iam trying to do is find a HOT acces lead for radar detector. I tried the console thing but the access pocket would not come out for me. The front of it would pry up and rel clips on front of it but then the back would not come up or out after pulling on it for about 10 minutes I gave up.

Thanks Tom

theycallmerickjames 07-02-2005 01:27 AM

two screws on that piece below your steering wheel, then the rest of it is clipped in

WheelBrokerAng 07-02-2005 02:54 PM

Yes Sir Mr. RickJames, you do give out great information to our members..

I would like to Thank You for all the Great input youve been shareing here in the Forums as would all the rest of the Admins and Moderaters...

Thank You and ---Please keep up the great posts...

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

theycallmerickjames 07-02-2005 11:43 PM

why thank you good sir, i'm flattered!

[IMG]local://upfiles/789/DAC6A42F11B74A328B12C1F542046BCB.jpg[/IMG]

BUT Do Drop The B word in your posts..Thank You
WheelBrokerAng