Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Need help with sirius install (Sportster 4) (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/need-help-sirius-install-sportster-4-a-12983/)

hoorah 10-03-2007 05:45 PM

Need help with sirius install (Sportster 4)

Hi guys,
I did a search, found, and joined the forum. My questions areabout sirius satellite installation. Firstquestion,whereis a good place to mount it?She is short, only 5 feet tall. Second, would be how/tools required. Its a sportster 4 with suction cup kit (yet to arrive) and the fm adapter. The adapter is the kind that plugs into the antenae and the radio I have done the install in my jeep and I could get to the antenae connection without taking the dash apart. What am I going to have to do to my wife's accord? The radio is a single disc cd player. Third, is is there a way for me to use the aux connection (its not at the front, thats for sure). I couldn't find any write-ups, and I don't have a manual for her car.

Thanks,

falkore24 10-03-2007 06:07 PM

RE: Need help with sirius install (Sportster 4)

I have the same unit. I mounted it in the corner of the windshield behind the inspection sticker .... wouldn't be very easy to reach for her there, but it was the only place left without electronics in my car. If her head unit has a set of RCA aux inputs, you can use an RCA to mini headphone adapter instead of the FM kit, but you should check to see if you are going to need a switch to turn on the aux input ...... that was how I had a CD player in my 89 Z24 with a friend's Sony head unit. There's one thing that I didn't expect from the FM adapter. When the Sirius radio is powered on, your antenna is hijacked, meaning that if you try to tune to a radio station, you have to turn off the satelite radio. Not a big deal, just unexpected. Great unit, I love it! Good luck with the install!

korrupt1 10-04-2007 05:06 PM

if you have a aux input...use that...I have the same Sirius and love the way it sounds on the cable vs using the FM adaptor which as said...hijacks your antennae....and I float waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much on the radio to have to deal with that....I leave everything on all the time...iPod, Sirius and the deck and never know which one I am switching too....I have a switch made (A/B) so I can go either Sirius or iPod without having to undo the aux input on mine....short switch and 2 aux cables and everything has its own signal cable.....but I am a lazy son of a gun too which is why I have all that shoved into my poor little car...up next...permanent charging base for the iPod and some form of DVD player and maybe a amp upgrade.

but personaly....I would usea aux input of you have it...so much easier and absolutey ZERO static interference.

hoorah 10-04-2007 06:32 PM

Is there a chance my aux inputs are hidden in the back of the radio?

korrupt1 10-04-2007 08:24 PM

possibility there may be a input back there....I have the one in front, one in back and a dvd/cd changer hookup on my HU...but I'm upgraded with a Pioneer deck.

also there is a smalllll chance that your deck may control your sirius from the HU as mine does both my iPod and my sirius as a controller...which is kind nice

falkore24 10-05-2007 07:54 AM

What kind of head unit are you using? Is this a stock radio?

hoorah 10-05-2007 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

What kind of head unit are you using? Is this a stock radio?
Sorry about that. Yeah its the stock single cd changer. I saw this online http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounsnhond3.htmlbut i'm trying to do this install as cheaply as possible. There isn't an aux input in the front.

sir_nasty 10-05-2007 03:24 PM

There may be an AUX in the back but you'd need to just pop your deck out to verify that. Is your antenna built into the rear window or a perminant stand up style? I did my XM install with nothing but the "car kit" which I believe you already have. I'm all about doing a good job without spending money...

hoorah 10-06-2007 12:00 AM

Built into the rear window. I will probablycheck out the back of the radio tomorrow,thesiruis is supposed to arrive Monday via UPS.

korrupt1 10-06-2007 06:35 AM

should be coming with a car kit.....pretty standard...its the home stuff and boombox the try and charge ya for.

I just disliked the fm transmission cause of all the static

also....just so younnnget stuck under a bridge/overpass....your signal will usually disappear for a few seconds...sometimes when passing right under at speed....so you know...I know when I first got mine that made me wonder...but you get used to that real fast