Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   new guy w/ some ?'s (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/new-guy-w-some-s-16789/)

RIPsr20 03-11-2008 04:00 PM

new guy w/ some ?'s

I just received my Accord in November of last year. It is a 4cyl LX (correct me if im wrong but there is no badge on the trunk). So far i have thrown my 17s on it, a Megan racing FSTB, modified the intake. I am currently waiting on Tein Stechs in the mail to lower it 2+ inches so the wheel gap will be taken care of. The burgundy car was my previous one which was a 92 Infiniti G20 (sr20de) w/ a bunch o' mods but its age caught up with it.

And now for my questions...How do i find my paint code? Where is it in the VIN? Anyone using Tein S-techs w/ stock struts? also, im looking for a really quiet muffler but looks good at the same time. And is there anyway to just have the pictures automatically display instead of posting them as an attachment?

Thanks for looking!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15374/7EB9C47ECA304F4F9E739DF7F3CD7ADA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15374/4EBB6A50EA5F486997EEE5EAA5B44394.jpg[/IMG]

finch13 03-11-2008 04:55 PM

RE: new guy w/ some ?'s

Paint code: Driver's door jamb

VIN: on the dash. Look for it under the windshield near the driver's side mirror.

S-Techs: I would highly recommend not using the stock shocks with those spring. You will bottom them out in a heartbeat, or they will wear are prematurely. They just aren't designed for that stiff of a spring.

QUiet exhaust: stock or I think the GReddy or APEX'i (can't remember which) WS 2 or Evo were the quietest.

WheelBrokerAng 03-11-2008 07:36 PM

After youv'e uploaded your pictures then you publish them to the page..the button for that is just to the right of the 1st button..it's named Embed picture in post..do you see it down below this post?
GOOD! ;)

bdcustomHonda 03-11-2008 07:44 PM

hey, was wondering how to simply replace the front speakers on my 2000 accord ex V6 3.0L.?? i've been trying to pull the cover off, but it just seems to make things worse by breaking off a clip or something in that respect. thanks

RTexasF 03-11-2008 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bdcustomHonda

hey, was wondering how to simply replace the front speakers on my 2000 accord ex V6 3.0L.?? i've been trying to pull the cover off, but it just seems to make things worse by breaking off a clip or something in that respect. thanks
You don't just horn in and take over someone else's thread. Start your own.....show a little forum courtesy.

RIPsr20 03-11-2008 08:50 PM

i knew where the vin was, i just though the paint code was in the vin - thats how it is on nissans. what spring do you reccomend? i was happy with the way the stechs were on the G20, i figured they would be good on my accord. thanks for the advice. (wow, i feel like a tard about the pictures)

finch13 03-12-2008 03:59 PM

I love my Eibachs, but to each his own. They only drop 1" and are progressive and moderately stiff...

finch13 03-12-2008 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

hey, was wondering how to simply replace the front speakers on my 2000 accord ex V6 3.0L.? ? i've been trying to pull the cover off, but it just seems to make things worse by breaking off a clip or something in that respect. thanks
You don't just horn in and take over someone else's thread. Start your own.....show a little forum courtesy.
LOL!

00AccordLX5spd 03-12-2008 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

"Horn in" haha! I haven't heard that since mycollege friend from Houston (well katy, but he always just said Houston since no one knows where katy is). That's some texas talk for you guys up north!