Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Newb needs help.going crazy.radio code issue (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/newb-needs-help-going-crazy-radio-code-issue-23087/)

bigtank 01-22-2009 02:29 AM

Newb needs help.going crazy.radio code issue

Hello All,

04 accord EX with nav

First of I've done my research but nothing is working. Had to replace my battery a while back so of course I had to find the codes to unlock my Nav and radio. Herein lies my problem. Nav unlocks just fine. I searched high and low finally came up with radio serial #. Didnt work. Called dealership they gave me the run down told me look for lil sticker blah blah blah. finally came up with code "63156" but it didnt work. Called dealership back they gave me 1-800 number for American Honda. Went thru their hoops since I bought car used had to fax them all my info, gave a pint of blood, dis a rain dance, you know the whole shabang. They verified the code I had was correct. Ok so I tried the code a few times and by now it was locked and wouldnt accept any more...pulled the fuse and the battery leads..came back..same damn thing. First off my unit is looking for a four digit code. I was told this is normal and to only use the first 4 digits...tried that, left off the first digit tried that, tried it backwards, took the tangent and the cosign of the code added them together and divided by .0594...aint nothing work. Its been 5 months with no radio and Im about to hang myself. I understand its suppossed to be an anti-theft feature and all that but c'mon someone should tell Honda " Dont eva eva eva mess with a black man's radio". How, I would pay to have the unit removed just to verify the serial number but if they just come back with the same code I'm liable to hurt someone seeing how that would cost me a $100+ bucks just to end up back in the same place. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

hondadude 01-22-2009 09:50 AM

RE: Newb needs help.going crazy.radio code issue

The Code should be 5 digits, did you hold the one and six buttons while turning on the radio to get the unit numbercode? Thats usually the best way to verify the unit.
Does the radio come on asking 'CODE' or is there ever an 'ERR' error?

zachyzissou 01-22-2009 12:58 PM

i bought my car used and it came with a little card in the glove box. idk if you've looked there yet but yeah. anywho thats happened to me multiple times when i kill the battery so if it just says "ERR" then try to do what you did before and then enter that code. it has to be five digits.

finch13 01-22-2009 01:04 PM

+1 for a hilarious read!

t00fatt 01-22-2009 01:59 PM

You don't have to pay any one to pull the radio. It is really simple to do, if your interested in doing that I can get you a tutorial on how to do it. My friend has a 2000 benz E320 and he had the same problem, the code the dealer gave us was wrong. Well it turned out the previous owner had to change the radio so we needed the serial number to get the right code. So if you haven't gotten the serial number, that is probably your problem. It is very easy to pull the radio out.