Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Newbie looking to add subs to 04 accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/newbie-looking-add-subs-04-accord-6356/)

04silverEXL 12-08-2006 05:15 AM

Newbie looking to add subs to 04 accord

Hey everyone, Just wondering what kind of options i have if i'm thinking of adding some kicker l7 solo baric's that i've had in my garage for a year now. I also have a kx1200 amp. I'm just not sure what to do with that factory cd player. can something like this hook up??? it may seem like a silly question to some but i'm confused. Any help would be great.

ivrex 12-08-2006 01:47 PM

RE: Newbie looking to add subs to 04 accord

are you trying to hookup the amp and subs with a stock system and stock headunit?

04silverEXL 12-08-2006 03:16 PM

not sure what the best way to go about something like that would be. just looking for some suggestions really

sir_nasty 12-08-2006 03:32 PM

do you have a specific price range? (besides as little as possible... *L*) Also do you want just something decent? What kind of music do you listen to primarily?

ivrex 12-08-2006 03:46 PM

begin with at least an aftermarket headunit. thats pretty much a necessity of upgrading your system. it will also make settin up that sub system hella easier

t00fatt 12-08-2006 04:52 PM

In a 7th gen it cost about $200 just for the new dash install kit, and it doesn't even look all that great. I kept my stock HU, b/c it looks better and it was free. To hook up the amp do the same for the power wires, right to the batter. Then for remote on I tapped into the cig lighter on the dash for ACC1 power, so the amp turns on with the ignition not the radio. Then for sound you tap into the rear speakers, you need an amp with High Power inputs, or a Hi to Low power converter which is about $10. High power is speaker level, and low power just means RCA. The stock headunit doesn't have RCA so you need to use the high level (speaker). Many amps like have high level inputs, so you may not even need the converter.

ivrex 12-08-2006 06:43 PM

thats such a bitch about new cars these days. the entire dash and stereo is integrated and you have to replace the whole damn thing for aftermarket

04silverEXL 12-08-2006 08:48 PM

well i've got 2 kicker l7 solo 12's and a kicker kx1200 amp just sitting in my garage not doing anything. I already have a stereo in my truck so i was just wondering what kind of job it is to install something like that into one of these new style cars. Not sure if it's worth the hassle, i just wish there was a little more thump to the factory stereo

ivrex 12-08-2006 10:11 PM

its actually not too bad. where an aftermarket HU would usually have preamps outputs to send the signal to the amp, your factory unit doesnt have that. so what u can do is tap into the rear speaker wiring and grab a signal from there. then all u have to do is wire up the remoter turn on which will be trickier. wiring it so the remote turn on is activated and turns your amp on when your turn your keys to the acc position seems to be practical enough. then just run the amp power wire from ur battery to amp and your set