Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Newbie in some need of help with BOSE system wiring (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/newbie-some-need-help-bose-system-wiring-36198/)

kuli112 11-19-2010 03:57 PM

Newbie in some need of help with BOSE system wiring

Hi.First of all I am from UK.
Bought myself a 2001 Honda Accord 2.0 SE Executive a few months ago.
Have been satisfied with the sound so far but decided to buy a new subwoofer. Have the Bose sound system as standard with sub and amp in the rear. Just wondering how should I connect the wires to the new sub. Ran the power wire underneath the carpets to the battery but wondering how to get the correct input for the sub. Removed original bose sub (fear of breaking it with the new sub), but keeping the amp in the boot. New sub has an amp built in. Just wondering will I blow the new woofer amp if I take the output from the old one in to the input of the new one. Is it too powerful or will it make new amp life easyer. I could run the input straight from the headunit harness aswell but I have no idea what wires to use from there so any advice or wiring diagram for that bose system would be much appreciated.
New one is 600W RMS and 1800W peak.
Otherwise enjoying every mile in my honda
EDIT:
Have low level and hi level inputs on the sub
Should I use hi level input instead of low level one.
Hi level has 5 pins in connector:R+, R-, G, L-, L+
Witch ones to connect and to where to the old sub output. Old sub has 5 pins in connetor aswell, but see only 4 wires connected to the sub. 2 black ones and 2 red ones. Do not understand the bare wire on the connector witch doesnt connect to the sub. Or is that the ground one that I need for that hi level input

keep_hope_alive 11-23-2010 12:11 AM

sorry for the delay on posts, i've been out of town. i'll get to this and the others soon.

kuli112 11-23-2010 12:14 PM

Hi. Got the thing sorted I think. Visited my local car audio installation shop and asked for advice. They said I needed a line output converter. Now taking the signal for the sub from HU. Searched the internet for a wiring diagram, but they are not easy to find for the bose system. Luckily got my hands on honda accord repair manual and it has everything I need.
Will give it a try on the weekend and see how it goes.

keep_hope_alive 11-23-2010 12:22 PM

you don't need a line output converter (LOC) - one is built into the sub/amp: that is the high level inputs - just use those. an external LOC will just be a place for noise. With the LOC you would wire from factory sub wiring to LOC to low inputs on the amp.

Review the manual to verify the sub/amp has an auto-turn on feature with high level inputs are used. that will save you from having to wire up a remote turn-on. if you need a remote turn-on - the factory Bose amp should have one for you.

another option is to steal the low level inputs to the factory Bose amp and route them to the new sub/amp low level inputs. this is the preferred method as you avoid any EQ and distortion in the Bose amp. if you have the wiring diagram, then you should be able to determine the wiring on the Bose amp plugs.

kuli112 11-26-2010 09:43 AM

Ther`s 3 plugs on the old amp:
Power that consists-2x ground,constant power,radio switched power.
Woofer out that consists-2x woofer speaker+, 2x woofer speaker- and shielding
Equalizer in that consists-bass shielding, bass+ and bass-

Tried to use bass+ and bass- as inputs for the new sub but didnt work for some reason.
Got remote switch from radio switched power on first plug.
Now only need input to the new sub but too afraid to use woofer out whitout LOC from old amp.

keep_hope_alive 11-26-2010 01:44 PM

you'll need a DMM to verify voltages at the new amp.

since you are grabbing the signal at the input to the factory amp - that may be a low level signal - meaning you'd need to run that into the low level inputs on the new amp. you wouldn't get an audible signal giving the high level inputs a low level signal. know what i mean?

pics of amps and connections? make/model of the new amp? link to owner's manual?

kuli112 11-27-2010 09:38 AM

Tried to connect the inputs to the old amp to the low level on the new one. That was when i got no signal. Did not try the hi level on the new one.
Connected it up yesterday with LOC from old amp outputs. The system works now. Dont know weather to be happy or not because in my opinion the bass is a bit delayed on low volume levels. But need to fine tune it anyway.
Thanks for your advice. Couldnt of done it without you.
By the way the new sub is http://edgeaudioexpress.co.uk/edge-a...tts-p-289.html
Will get the pictures in to my garage when finished with boot led lighting install.

keep_hope_alive 11-28-2010 09:16 AM

glad the LOC worked, apparently the amp you have doesn't have a proper internal LOC like i thought.