Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   NO MORE SOUND... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/no-more-sound-11448/)

HuYnHness 08-02-2007 12:27 AM

NO MORE SOUND...

well heres the deal: i had an amplifier lying around so i decided i wanted to amplify my factory speakers. since im running lines to the trunk already half the work is already done when i decide to put in a subwoofer. Im using my factoyr headunit so i needed rca outputs for my amplifier.

i cut and spliced the wires i needed for the rca output converter behind the headunit onto the harness. when i put the headunit back on to test it the headunit turned on find and the amplifier is on but i got no sound. i tried turning up the gains on everything, volume to the max. all is quiet. i really dont know what i did wrong. i crimped the wires together so i might have to consider ripping the crimpers off and making a solid connection with solder.

please help me somebody

bssmagik83 08-02-2007 07:00 AM

RE: NO MORE SOUND...

The high/low convertor should be as close to the amp as possible. Run the wires from your rear deck speakers to the convertor and correctly put everything back in place behind the head unit.....when you ge the sub you might want to consider an adjustable high/low convertor so you will have more control of the sub output.....let me know what happens

HuYnHness 08-02-2007 07:46 PM

i really honestly do not know what is wrong now....
radio starts up like normal and i soldered all the wires together so im sure its a good cennectioneven without the amplifier there SHOULD be sound going from the radio to the speakers but theres nothing. i plugged my ipod to the amp itself to see if all the wires were connected and if al the speakers worked they were connected and the speakers did work. i really dont understand it
the reason i did the output converter behind the headunit is because ive watched an installer do it and it worked for him fine. but of course this is my first time doin it so i think i may have screwed myself over.
do you think something happened to the radio itself?

tru_44 08-02-2007 08:49 PM

are your rca's good? is amp power light on oris amp going into protection? did amp work b4 install?

HuYnHness 08-02-2007 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah amp works and all rcas are good i tested the setup with an ipod but i think radio is no bueno now. either that or i screwed up the harness somehow

Attachment 23536
this is basically how i spliced into the harness

4estmane 12-24-2012 01:44 AM

What was your solution because i am having the same problem!!1

keep_hope_alive 12-27-2012 05:29 PM

what did you do for an amp turn-on? that +12V is needed to turn the amp on.

what LOC did you buy?

confirm that the front speakers are still powered by the head unit. that you did not cut the front speaker wires, just tapped them.

4estmane 12-28-2012 05:17 PM

I ran the remote wire to the radio fuse.

The LOC i just soldered the speaker wire to some RCA plugss so i custom made it.

I havent tested the door speakers yet just left it when my speakers cut out after i thought i was finished wiring my subs. I dont wanna pay someone to look at it because i want to learn. I have basic electrical/mechanical knowledge so im not a noob. HELP! :)