Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   one sub hits harder than both? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/one-sub-hits-harder-than-both-46486/)

kohlkohlkohl 03-27-2012 11:15 AM

one sub hits harder than both?

I just upgraded to two 12s, but when I have them both hooked up they seem to get barely any power. When I have only one hooked up it hits great. This is the same for both of them, they both work fine when hooked up by itself. I even tried hooking one up to each of the ports on the amp and they are both fine too, so I know that's not the problem. The amp has plenty enough wattage to power them at the same time so I know the amp is powerful enough as well. What's going on??

crispin 03-27-2012 12:12 PM

what amp, what subs, what box?

Sounds like you have 1 of them wired backwards.

Confirm that you have the + and - correctly on both.

Also where in TN are you?

kohlkohlkohl 03-27-2012 12:58 PM

MD sound 12s, SPL 1800 watt amp, and just a normal sealed off box. I tried that also, i switched it up every way i could think to see if maybe the amp was wired on the inside backwards and nothing. I live in Sevierville, are you in TN also?

crispin 03-27-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by kohlkohlkohl (Post 274935)
MD sound 12s, SPL 1800 watt amp, and just a normal sealed off box. I tried that also, i switched it up every way i could think to see if maybe the amp was wired on the inside backwards and nothing. I live in Sevierville, are you in TN also?

Bro I am pretty sure you have the +&- backwards on 1 of the subs.

Flip the wiring around on just one of the subs.

Anytime you have less bass with 2 subs than 1 it means you have one wired wrong.

It is called cancellation.

I live in Monteagle, TN which is between Chattanooga and Nashville.

I am actually moving to Sevierville within the next few months.

I was just there last week, I love it over there.

I am going to PM you a couple of questions about the area.

kohlkohlkohl 03-27-2012 03:30 PM

Alright I'll check that out, your probably right.

But yea sevierville is alright I guess, I love it because I'm a snowboarder and I can go up the Ober Gatlinburg all the time. Pigeon Forge is even closer to that and there's all kinds of stuff to do. One of the best things is Dollywood!

keep_hope_alive 03-27-2012 03:50 PM

Is the amp a single channel or two channel? I agree with Crispin, the next issue is to determine where the wiring is mixed up.

I assume you are wiring the subs in parallel and you have separate connections on the box for eash sub. What is the impedance of the subs and how many coils?

kohlkohlkohl 03-27-2012 06:44 PM

I got it fixed. I re-wired it for two ohms like its supposed to be and replaced a wire that was causing it all. Thanks bro!