Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Question about my new car's MPG (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/question-about-my-new-cars-mpg-55837/)

PackerManDan 07-20-2013 10:37 PM

Question about my new car's MPG

I just bought a new 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L with Navigation today. Very nice car but I have two questions.

1) I have only put 30 miles on the car so far. But my Average MPG is reading as 12.6 mpg. This obviously can't be right but what is the deal with this? Does it take awhile or a full tank of gas for the computer to really sync in what the average MPG will be? I did notice that when I bought the car brand new it only had 9 miles on it and the average MPG read 6.7 and as I've been driving it that number has slowly been creeping up.

2) I have a problem with my blue tooth connection. The dealer loaded my phone contacts into the car and they all showed up fine. But two minutes later half the contacts disappeared. A-C and G-L disappeared, I can't access them anymore. I deleted the phone device and reloaded it and I got all my contacts back but then a few minutes later while playing around with the Bluetooth in the car the same contacts disappeared again A-C and G-L. What's up with this?

TexasHonda 07-21-2013 08:08 AM

MPG is calculated based on fuel consumed. When tank is filled, the consumption is reset to zero. Cold engine and idle time consumption mean early mileage is low, however yours appears to be unexpectedly low. Usually by 30 miles average should be up to 20-30 mpg, depending on driving profile and whether this is V6 or IL4.

No help on blue teeth:D

good luck

shipo 07-21-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by PackerManDan (Post 327164)
I just bought a new 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L with Navigation today. Very nice car but I have two questions.

1) I have only put 30 miles on the car so far. But my Average MPG is reading as 12.6 mpg. This obviously can't be right but what is the deal with this? Does it take awhile or a full tank of gas for the computer to really sync in what the average MPG will be? I did notice that when I bought the car brand new it only had 9 miles on it and the average MPG read 6.7 and as I've been driving it that number has slowly been creeping up.

2) I have a problem with my blue tooth connection. The dealer loaded my phone contacts into the car and they all showed up fine. But two minutes later half the contacts disappeared. A-C and G-L disappeared, I can't access them anymore. I deleted the phone device and reloaded it and I got all my contacts back but then a few minutes later while playing around with the Bluetooth in the car the same contacts disappeared again A-C and G-L. What's up with this?

I'm guessing your car spent a lot of time idling between manufacture and delivery to you; then again it could have been driven pretty hard on a few test drives. Either way, you shouldn't jump to any conclusions until you've gone through a few tanks of fuel.

WheelBrokerAng 07-21-2013 10:40 PM

I agree with shippo on the post he just made..

WheelBrokerAng :)

keep_hope_alive 07-22-2013 07:25 AM

Remembering contacts is all software based. and the car/radio may end up needing a firmware update.