Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Question: Installing front speakers on Accord 2005 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/question-installing-front-speakers-accord-2005-a-29632/)

predatorftp 12-12-2009 03:08 AM

Question: Installing front speakers on Accord 2005

Hi,

I just started installing my system on my accord 2005 (my car version is the European one) and found out that the covers of the tweeters weren't grills but a simple plastic cover with a grille texture... :(
so i made a cup hole in the grille and installed my component tweeters.

Now i went on installing the speakers (Mid) to my surprise i wasn't able to pass my speakers cables to the amp located in the trunk.
so for now I used the OEM harness, until i find a better solution.

I am not satisfied with this solution because i am using premium cables for a high end component speaker set, and the OEM cables are (hmmm...) very small and simple with a lot of connections on the way :(

So my question is - how do i thread (pass) the speakers cables into the door without drilling the tin ?

Thanks .

MacLeod 12-12-2009 10:19 AM

You cant. You have to drill a hole. But its not that bad. You drill a small enough hole to fit the speaker wires with a grommet and it doesnt look bad at all. In fact you cant see it unless you purposely look down to find it.

I thought those tweeter covers were a grill too. What I did at first was cut a hole out of them and then wrap them in grill cloth. Later I got better results mounting the tweeter on top of that mounting plate. I just mounted in that hole I cut out months earlier. You will get better performance out of them with them mounted on top like that. With them mounted inside the dash, youre hearing what is bouncing off the windshield. With them mounted on top of the dash, youre getting to hear them.

predatorftp 12-12-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MacLeod (Post 190849)

I thought those tweeter covers were a grill too. What I did at first was cut a hole out of them and then wrap them in grill cloth. Later I got better results mounting the tweeter on top of that mounting plate. I just mounted in that hole I cut out months earlier. You will get better performance out of them with them mounted on top like that. With them mounted inside the dash, youre hearing what is bouncing off the windshield. With them mounted on top of the dash, youre getting to hear them.

That's what i did :) the results are excellent but the tweeters touches the front window but the reflection of the sound is super, I like it.

Thanks about the drilling I am not sure i want to Drill a hole i want to keep the car OEM as possible :(

My03Accord 12-17-2009 11:56 AM

You can drill out some empty pin spaces in the molex plug. Kind of a pain. i did it in my car. Well worth it though. I only had to deal with the drivers door in mine. Passenger just has hollow boot. I was able to fit 16ga monster through and all the way to the back with no interuptions.

predatorftp 12-17-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by My03Accord (Post 191219)
You can drill out some empty pin spaces in the molex plug. Kind of a pain. i did it in my car. Well worth it though. I only had to deal with the drivers door in mine. Passenger just has hollow boot. I was able to fit 16ga monster through and all the way to the back with no interuptions.

is it hard to get to the molex plug from the inside of the car ? what exactly should i do ?

My03Accord 12-18-2009 04:26 PM

The boot clips on around it. Then there are 2 plugs that come out of there. Covered in grease. Pretty messy. Unplug and see what kind of free space.

arnabdutta 08-04-2013 12:07 AM

I am trying to replace my Honda accord DX 2005 front door OEM speakers.
I have opened the door part but then I have struggled a lot to take the speaker our from the door frame but could not take the speaker out.
Any help would be appreciated id you can suggest how to remove the speaker from the front door panel.

neophyte 08-04-2013 07:45 PM

should be a couple screws and it lifts out.

redbull-1 08-04-2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by arnabdutta (Post 328611)
I am trying to replace my Honda accord DX 2005 front door OEM speakers.
I have opened the door part but then I have struggled a lot to take the speaker our from the door frame but could not take the speaker out.
Any help would be appreciated id you can suggest how to remove the speaker from the front door panel.

They are held in only with clips. Pull the speaker straight out just enough to release the upper clips. Then lift the speaker straight up to release the lower clips.

keep_hope_alive 08-05-2013 12:36 PM

do you have mounting adapters for the new speakers? they will not connect to the existing holes without an adapter. you can buy them or make them out of waterproof materials.

be sure to use weatherstripping foam around the new speaker to seal against the door panel. that seal is required for bass response.