Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Radio & Climate Control Panel (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/radio-climate-control-panel-52209/)

davidn32 01-04-2013 11:49 PM

Radio & Climate Control Panel

Is this a one piece unit, meaning I cannot remove the radio/cd to the climate control panel? Or it's a two piece unit: cd/radio & climate control. It's a 2006 radio/cd model 2AC2.

Thx!

TexasHonda 01-05-2013 08:54 AM

Yes, they are integrated units. I would not recommend removal w/o a shop manual, but it doesn't look too bad from a brief review of procedure and manual.

You can purchase an OEM shop manual (e-file) from automanualsource.com for $22. A bargain and a good product. I own several.

good luck

keep_hope_alive 01-07-2013 07:47 PM

Metra Part # 99-7864 | Aftermarket Dash kit | Metra Online

Metra Online

here are two options for you

davidn32 01-07-2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda (Post 307118)
Yes, they are integrated units. I would not recommend removal w/o a shop manual, but it doesn't look too bad from a brief review of procedure and manual.

You can purchase an OEM shop manual (e-file) from automanualsource.com for $22. A bargain and a good product. I own several.

good luck

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 307404)

Thank you!

MacLeod 01-13-2013 05:17 PM

And you can always use the storage area under the CD player. This kit from Crutchfield will do just that for $25. I prefer this way cause you get to keep your factory AC controls. I read too many reviews of the controls on these dash kits being of low quality and screwing up.

neophyte 01-23-2013 04:26 PM

when did the dash kit with the dual control come out? I have been looking for that for years.

keep_hope_alive 01-23-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 308967)
when did the dash kit with the dual control come out? I have been looking for that for years.

fairly recently. about time, eh?

neophyte 01-23-2013 11:55 PM

yea I know. only thing is now I have to rip out how it is all installed now in order to put it like I wanted it two years ago.

keep_hope_alive 01-26-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 309014)
yea I know. only thing is now I have to rip out how it is all installed now in order to put it like I wanted it two years ago.

eh, that's part of the fun. i'm considering tearing my entire car apart and starting over...

the past 5 years have been experimenting. i have 10 speaker locations up front and am considering a new idea that adds 2 more.

neophyte 01-28-2013 12:48 AM

it may be a while before I get around to that anyways. I need to redo my frontstage. doors and kicks and redo the rear stage with custom speaker pods, add another amp for the subs. then I think a friend and I may be doing a wall in his car either 4 15s or 6 12s. of course with full front stage and electrical overhaul of the car. so the I should have a nice project for at least the rest of the year.