Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Radio Code (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/radio-code-14856/)

guest101 12-22-2007 05:13 PM

Radio Code

2005 Accord EX coupe

These past two days of driving has been horrible with no music. I have been to three different honda dealerships and they could not figure out why the security code does not work. They have the S/N of the radio and each place came up with the same code. I have tried disconnecting the battery and radio fuse for a couple of minutes to reset everything, still no luck. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case anyone needs to look up their Radio S/N for 2003-2007 Accords/w Navigation

Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release PWR/VOL knob.

After getting the S/N just call owner link or any dealership.

sir_nasty 12-22-2007 05:20 PM

RE: Radio Code

As much of a pain as this may be have you verified that the sticker on the radio has the same ID # as what the system reads? If not then perhaps it was misentered or something.... and since it's an 08 won't the dealer just replace it for you?

guest101 12-22-2007 05:29 PM

its a 05. yep...S/N on the bottom of the radio and in the system both match. Service tech did say i might have to replace it. Since american honda is not open until wed. Is radio covered in the warranty??

sir_nasty 12-22-2007 05:40 PM

it should be, especially if it's a factory programming error.... If for some reason they say it isn't then call honda yourself and see if they will good will the repair since it has to have been an issue from the origonal date of purchase but there was never any way for you know until it was to late...

I don't know why I thought it was an 08.... *L*

jhowkins 12-22-2007 06:57 PM

Has anyone worked on reverse engineering the Accord radio/navi S/N to extract the code? Or does Honda randomly assign codes to each s/n and record them in a database?

Maintaining a database doesn't seem like something Honda would do... I am assuming they have some kind of algorithm to "break" the code givin' the S/N

guest101 12-28-2007 02:49 PM

Contacted American Honda and Radio is not under warranty and they will not replace it for free.Any other tricks to get this damncode to work. There is noway iam going to replace the whole cd player which is attached to NAVI/AC...etc.
Heres the S/N for the radio 26000989. ANY I mean any ideas with be greatly appreciated.
Yes they do have an algorithm to assign the 5 digit code, But i guess its not working.

sir_nasty 12-28-2007 03:39 PM

Call Honda of America directly (just search for them in google) and ask them to either tell you how to fix it or give you a good will replacement

klrspz 12-28-2007 03:44 PM

And if that doesn't work, ask for their legal dept. so you can file a small claims court case against them for defective parts that SHOULD be under warranty (hell if the lights burning out on the older models are covered, why wouldn't this right?)

guest101 12-28-2007 03:48 PM

thanks for the replies. Will give it another shot with American Honda. Person I talked to was the case manager seemed pretty nice but i never mention the goodwill part.

smaglik 12-28-2007 04:41 PM

is your car still under the 3/36?