Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Rear speakers for '07 Accord VP (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/rear-speakers-07-accord-vp-6052/)

svgearhead 11-21-2006 11:58 PM

Rear speakers for '07 Accord VP

Hi everyone, I just found this list. I'm a two day old owner of a new '07 Accord VP (5spd).

It's a great car except for the lack of the rear speakers.

Does anyone else have the same car and have put in the speakers yourself? I just bought a pair from Fry's but am wondering if the wire harness is already there or I'll have to wire everything from the head unit.

Thanks!

Ben

t00fatt 11-22-2006 12:13 AM

RE: Rear speakers for '07 Accord VP

Do you mean speakers in the rear doors? Or there are no speakers in the boot behind the seats? I have an 06 and I have speakers in the boot, not the door like most cars I have seen. Or are you saying the holes and grill is there but no speakers installed? Be a little more specific, but I am sure there are SUPPOSED to be speakers in the rear.

svgearhead 11-22-2006 01:18 AM

I am talking about the speakers that would be behind the rear seats. This is an Accord VP sedan.

The car comes with CD audio but just 2 speakers...

So I'm trying to put in two 6x9 speakers behind the rear seats. The grilles are there. But just no speakers.

I would like to know (from those who have a similar '06 and '07) if you know if the speakers wires are there.

I'm at the office right now and the car is at home...

Ben

t00fatt 11-22-2006 02:08 AM

VP? I am not familiar with the models I just got an accord my self. VP sounds like a top of the line model, so it doesn't make sense for there to be two speakers. Actually I have never heard of any stock car with only two speakers. If the grill is there, then I would assume the wiring should be there as well. Easiest way to check is look in the truck and up where the speakers should be. If the wires aren't there, it wouldn't be difficult to run the wires from the headunit back there. Just find a wiring diagram for the radio plug, splice into the rear speaker wires and pass the wires to the back the way you would installing an amp. If you need instructions on how to pass the wires, just say so and I will explain or find a tutorial for you.

EDIT: I just looked it up, VP is the base model, didn't know that. Two speakers is ridiculous, thats really sorry. If the headunit is the same on the VP as the others, I would assume the wires are there somewhere, may not be easy to find though. If you have the money you should just add a new amp and new speakers. My system on my stock LX is a bit underpowered, once I sell this other car I am going to be doing just that.

t00fatt 11-22-2006 10:54 PM

I found what you are looking for here. Saw it on anjother forum and though of you ;)

svgearhead 11-30-2006 03:42 PM

I just put in a couple of inexpensive Blaupunkt speakers. The wires were there but with a special connector so I had to do some splicing.

Also, the pre-drilled holes do not match the mounting holes on the Blaupunkts. I ended up using only 3 machine screws per speaker...

j.kaib 06-03-2007 01:05 PM

I'm a new member and I'm not sure how this reply stuff works. But, ... I've got a 2006 VP also, and when I hooked up some rear trunk speakers, nothing happened. I adjusted the fader on the radio for rear sound , still nothing. Did you have to do anything at the radio end? I'm comfortable with electronics, so I know the speakerswere goodand the connection was correct, I was concerned the the VP radio didn't have the rear speaker drivers. Any ideas?

bc1385 06-09-2007 08:50 AM

Just got a new 2007 VP (value package). I'm going to see what the dealer wants for the dash speakers/ tweeters, probably big$$$, but it may be worth it for simplicity. The wires are there. (Are they connected? We'll see.) As for as rear speakers go, I'm going to try Crutchfield because they give you wiring that plugs into stock plugs. Perhaps they can give me the lowdown on the connection at the head unit.

Bob