Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   recommendations for good speakers in front for 6.5 and tweeters (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/recommendations-good-speakers-front-6-5-tweeters-3941/)

jimsmith 07-09-2006 10:52 AM

recommendations for good speakers in front for 6.5 and tweeters

I'm looking for a good pair of front speakers 6.5 + tweeter where I don't have to change the factory tweeters in the front.
Price range is not really a problem... gimme all the ones that are good for the accord 2006 coupe, so I can save up and get them ;-)

Also, where is a good place to hide the amp? Is this easy install for the car audio guys to hide all this stuff?

purify 07-09-2006 02:11 PM

RE: recommendations for good speakers in front for 6.5 and tweeters

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, you never HAVE to change the tweeters, but I don't know why you wouldn't want to. As for recomendations. It's all opinion. You could get a hundred replies with a hundred different brands. I would look into CDT, Rainbow or Focal compents if price really is no issue. If price is somewhat of an issue I would look into Infinity. The front speakers are 6.5" but not very deep. you might need to get spacers to get any decent brand non-neo magnet to fit.

as for where to hide the amp. On the back of the rear seats is probably the best bet. It would keep your trunk space in tact, and provide maximum cooling for the amp. Depending on the amp you get, you might be able to keep it under the front passenger seat, but then I'd worry about snow or other things that passengers might bring in on their shoes that could damage it. And if there is not enough clearance over the amp, it could overheat. Really the trunk is the best bet.

The install should be no problem but if you're using the stock head unit, you'll have to get an LOC, look at david navone engineering for one. But it should be a pretty straight forward installation.

jimsmith 07-11-2006 01:33 AM

Yes, those tweeters are pretty good. Well, here's another question. If I get components, I store the 6.5" speakers and I have the tweeters. Will the stock tweeters still be running with my new components? I heard the CDTs are pretty good. I really only need to replace the front component speakers... I want a pair with good midtones. So, I'm thinking a 2 channel amp for the fronts. I'd also like to buy a infinity basslink to store in the trunk.

Do you think this will work?
Install LOC, 2-amp channel, component speaker fronts, and infinity basslink.

I don't want to spend too much on the rear since I don't really want too much bass.

YeuEmMaiMai 07-11-2006 02:09 AM

Almost any speaker will sound better than the paper ones with the wizzers that are the stock ones. I like the sound of the sony xplod on my '94 and I may put them in my '98

jimsmith 07-12-2006 03:03 PM

So, do the stock tweeteres still play even after you install new speakres + tweeters or do they just get disconnected?

jimsmith 07-13-2006 05:43 AM

or.. is there a good set of tweeters that sound good in the dash? or is it just better to disconnect the dash tweeters completely?