Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Remote Start on 2006 Accord need advice (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/remote-start-2006-accord-need-advice-1459/)

06 Accord 12-11-2005 12:02 AM

Remote Start on 2006 Accord need advice

Okay, I just bought a 2006 Accord EX V6. I have successfully installed two remote start kits (bulldog securuity) on previous vehicles and would like to add this to the Accord. Has anyone done this on a newer Accord and how hard is it to access the necessary connection including the ignition cylinder?

WheelBrokerAng 12-11-2005 02:00 AM

RE: Remote Start on 2006 Accord need advice

You might ant to e-mail shocker on this one , he seems to know about some of these kind of questions...

Good Luck!
WheelBrokerAng:)

theycallmerickjames 12-13-2005 03:08 AM

I've got an 05 Accord V6 with a remote start... everything should be the same as the 06. Mine was SOO easy, but then again i've done a few remote starts this year... Since the key has a chip in it, you'll need a 556UW, this is the part that tricks the car into thinkin that the key is in the ignition. All of your necessary connections are as follows and these colors also aply to most other hondas as well
12 volts - white
starter - black/white
ignition - black/yellow
accessory - black/red
2nd accessory - white/red (i believe this one is for the heat/ac)
YOU CAN FIND ALL THESE IN THE MAIN IGNITION HARNESS, UNDER THE STEERING WHEEL
door lock - pink/black (negative polarity)
door unlock - pink blue (negative)
THESE WIRES ARE PLUGGED INTO THE FUSE/RELAY CENTER IN THE KICK PANEL AND ARE QUITE HARD TO FIND (HAPPY HUNTING!)
parking lights - red/black
THE EASIEST PLACE TO FIND THIS IS IN THE POWER SUNROOF SWITCH AT YOUR LEFT KNEE, THE ONLY RED/BLACK WIRE IN THE SWITCH
door triggers - easiest way to find them is to go to the actual door pin and tap in there, make sure you diode isolate each wire
tachometer - this will be on the ignition coil itself... not sure what color it is, so u'll have to test for it with a meter
brake shut off - white/black at brake switch

LEMME KNOW IF I LEFT ANYTHING OUT AND I'LL SEE IF I CAN FIGURE IT OUT

06 Accord 12-13-2005 09:12 AM

Thanks!!!

theycallmerickjames 12-16-2005 11:57 PM

let me know how everything works out for you... and by the way, even though i told you what colors to use, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS test to make sure they are right before you use them

jhustblue 12-30-2005 12:17 PM

Just a quick question - when I have the keys in the car and it is running, Honda disables the remotes (I can't unlock or lock the doors with another remote) - is this the same with the remote starter system? If I get one installed, will I no longer be able to unlock and lock m doors with the remote that will be in my hand?

Thanks for the help!

Justin