Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   REMOTE STARTER Suggestions? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/remote-starter-suggestions-62113/)

GMANCRX 08-25-2015 08:53 AM

REMOTE STARTER Suggestions?

I am going to be installing a remote starter in my 2005 Accord LX.
Just a remote starter. No security.
What is a good quality manufacturer of the starter?

Prospector 08-25-2015 11:59 AM

Viper is a reputable company, here is a link to their site:

Moderator edit: link removed

keep_hope_alive 08-25-2015 05:23 PM

I installed an Autopage in my 2001 Accord. I liked the detailed installation instructions that came with the alarm.

I recently installed a Viper in my 2014 Accord. I had less info but that didn't matter because the 2014 allows for a CANBUS interface for most of the connections.

idatalink has the immobilizer bypass but you'll need a shop to program it for you. i recommend just buying the immobilizer bypass from the shop so they don't charge for programming (and you support the local shop). the actual remote start system can be purchased many locations online.

the biggest trick is soldering wires to the factory ignition wires. they are thicker and take a while to properly solder. i recommend you solder all connections and avoid any crimp-based connections.

berrnard 08-28-2015 10:30 AM

i use viper and suggest using an AD, therefore you get the lifetime warranty from viper. I used best buy just because they were an AD. also if you sell the car, BB will uninstall the unit for free.

GMANCRX 08-29-2015 04:41 AM

Thanks guys, I'm convinced to go with Viper.

To: keep_hope_alive - I used to install these remote starters "back in the day", and I knew that a transponder was necessary. I was going to pay the local shop to install all this for me (cuz I'm too old & fat to be crawling around under the dash) but frankly, I don't trust them to do as good a job as I can / will.
Regarding the transponder, I simply forget how they work concerning their programming. I'm sure I can do it myself, or do the newer transponders require a "programmer device"? Also, I'm not sure which transponder to buy exactly. I prefer to keep the shops out of the loop as much as possible.

Thanks again for the input guys!!

keep_hope_alive 09-04-2015 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by GMANCRX (Post 362618)
Thanks guys, I'm convinced to go with Viper.

To: keep_hope_alive - I used to install these remote starters "back in the day", and I knew that a transponder was necessary. I was going to pay the local shop to install all this for me (cuz I'm too old & fat to be crawling around under the dash) but frankly, I don't trust them to do as good a job as I can / will.
Regarding the transponder, I simply forget how they work concerning their programming. I'm sure I can do it myself, or do the newer transponders require a "programmer device"? Also, I'm not sure which transponder to buy exactly. I prefer to keep the shops out of the loop as much as possible.

Thanks again for the input guys!!

It's hard to find a shop that is willing to solder everything. You may need a local shop to program the immobilizer bypass. it depends on the bypass.

you'll want a schematic of the car so you know where to intercept wiring.