Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Remove back seat Accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/remove-back-seat-accord-47816/)

Ric 05-29-2012 11:50 PM

DIY Car Security "KILL" Switch

I have searched the posts & have not found for my car. According to the posted link which were attached below, it says to remove the back seat in a 1996 Accord LX 4 door sedan and find the Yellow wire with Green strip preferrably nearest to the Fuel Pump to place a car security (kill switch) - Honda-Tech. My car was stolen last May 11 and luckily it was recovered after a week but lost many personal things including car battery and emergency jump start unit. Any info on the removal for this model would be appreciated. :)

crispin 05-30-2012 10:04 AM

1) You do not need to remove the back seat cause there are no wires there.
In the trunk there right behind the rear seat is a round cover plate with 4 bolts holding it down, remove those bolts and you will see the wires going to the fuel pump.

2) it would be easier to tap into that wire where it comes from the main relay under the dash.

3) normally an anti theft system installs a relay on the starter wire to prevent voltage from going to the starter. That is how I did mine, most hondas are stolen using a shaved key. If they get in and the starter will not turn over they will abandon the car.

the starter wire is the Black/White wire and can be found in Ignition Switch Harness going down the steering column.

I wired my own alarm and auto start system, wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Ric 05-30-2012 04:34 PM

Thank you Crispin for your swift reply. Your advice is very much appreciated. In addition to your good advice I would like to inform everyone who would like to install the same to secured their Accord 1996 model car:

1) Open your rear trunk for light and air come-in then empty things found at the deeper end. Open both rear door for well ventilated then get inside the rear. Insert your Master car key in "Unlock Seat Back" found on top the back seat - turn clockwise to unlock it. Bring the backseat rest downward to you. Use a BIG size slot screw driver and remove the BLACK BIG screw-head found at the edge-center of trunk floor. Lift up the trunk floor exposing the round cover plate with 4 bolts holding it down.

2) DO NOT REMOVE THE ROUND COVER PLATE - it is unnecessary because the important ONE wire is found in the 3-wiring bundled going to the outer 3-wire connector. To test it I pull out the plug nearest to the Fuel Pump end by pressing first the release nipple or tap. The engine will NOT start but it cranks, good and Okie-dogkie.

3) Cut the Yellow wire with Black strip - the left wire if you look at plug wire end going to the plug (NOT THE TIP OF PLUG) at exactly in the mid-center of exposed wire. The middle wire is Blue/Red and the right side wire is Yellow/Blue all for fuel sensing uses.

4) After cutting the Yel/Blk wire then plug it back to the Connector Jack and start your engine to make sure it won't start but it cranks normally - including all signal indications. YeePee!

5) Now you're ready to connect your DIY "KILL" Switch. You may follow the instruction given and found at my first post link above BUT I didn't follow everything and make modified changes.

6) I chose a simple designs - easy and cheap. I also chose to hide it at the rear trunk which only required the shortest wiring. 4ft extension cord for 99¢ available at any 99¢ Only Stores. Buy any Twin Wire color that's available - you'll hide it anyway. You also need this kind of switch: Mini SPDT 3-Amp Push On/Push Off Switch : On-Push Off Switches | RadioShack.com.

7) Unplug the Plug again so you can reach well. Soldered and taped the two cut Yel/Blk wire to each of the Twin wire cord. You may apply extra Duct tape of the Connector and joints - I covered them to the car metal body - it's look smooth metal surface.

8) Cut-OFF the Multiple Outlet from the Twin wire cord - we don't need it. Insert with a flat ruler (or flat stirring rod given FREE from Orchard Hardware Supply) in the left wall covering panel. YES, push it in to hide it well. You cannot reach to the trunk end - get out and take out everything and including the trunk flooring.

9) Take out the Right-side Turns signal light Cover by turning 1/4 turn of the knob (or Horizontal position of knob) and pry it out with screw-driver or similar tool. Continues route the Twin wire underneath the wall covering panel. The best way was to fold 2" of the Twin wire end and push-in with ruler or rod catching the folded end. Find the wire end with your right hand inserted in the Signal light opening and pull it out just enough to straighten it.

10) Choose a good spot where to drill a hole for the switch mounting on the door light Cover and most preferably hiding it and not easily be seen. You may paint the push button black or cover it with black plastic sheet and cellophane taped it. All done.

11) One reminder: Always remember your Accord car is now protected with a "KILL" Switch. Use it correctly and practice the good habit to open your rear trunk FIRST and press only ONCE on the secret spot because it's ONLY you knew the correct spot every time you parked your car or getting out of your car. And when open your rear trunk again - you should press only ONCE that secret spot again after you unload your stuffs from shopping or just wanted to come home from work. You must now always uses your rear trunk to store everything then you'll NEVER forget this good habit to secured your car.

12) I trust you're NOT that lazy to vacuuming clean your trunk and add more air to the spare tire before returning all the stuffs in the reverse order. Good luck Guys! ;)

According to Crispin: "most Hondas are stolen using a shaved key." Yes! You're correct. I use part of my free time solely to duplicate it. Why Honda use this inferior Accord car locks vendor? I also tried the shaved key on my Honda Civic 1999 and it failed. This proved a defect on all Hondas Accord! I talked to one Capitol Honda serviceman and he don't know above this shaved key tricks and invited me to show them. Do you think IF I could open ONE new car and they're happy to let me drive home? Or should Honda recalls all Accord's for service or change ONLY the key cylinders on all 4 locks with New Keys?

I'm hoping someone will inform Honda on behalf of all Accord's car owners that we're NOT happy for they uses a defective locks and we're always easy victims for stolen cars.

crispin 05-30-2012 05:04 PM

I understand better, you are just installing a 'kill switch'

Is that correct?

Also starting in 1998 Honda switched to a Key system that has a chip in it so shaved keys can no longer be used.

FYI - look up "bump keys" on youtube Schlage Bump Key - YouTube

I was able to order 2 sets of them online a few years ago. Using them I can open 99% of Home Door locks including deadlocks. Does that mean every lock should be recalled, no it just shows that every lock has a venerability. A couple of years ago it was discovered that the "Kryptonite Bike Locks" could be defeated with a Bic Pen

Kryptonite lock opened with a pen - YouTube

Nothing is undefetable but the harder you make it to steal the more likely it is you will keep it.

Ric 05-30-2012 11:33 PM

I'm new in this Forums - I need to know all these:

1. Are you Crispin PRO Honda or PRO Consumers?

2. Do Honda management and engineers read this forums. Are they coming out to answer our queries? Do they want our brilliant suggestion?

3. How to change the main Title name folder of my post? The correct title should be "DIY Car Security "KILL" Switch" and somebody should move it to the proper categlory specifically to "Do It Yourself Section" > "DIY Answer" folder.

4. To answer your question - it is CORRECT. Did you not click the link in my first post? If the forums WebMaster chose to underlined all URL or links and change the color into this blue or RED maybe we all can immediately distinguish the important link I just mentioned (PLEASE tell him don't chose "Underlined on hovering" because that's a wrong designed choices and everybody keep their mouse steady BUT read with their eyes.

5. Have you try using your shaved key on your Accord '97? I knew you could easily start your Accord car BUT are you happy with that? I don't know exactly how many Million of people are now out of jobs. Some of these poor people will resort to car jacking in order to survived. Do you know exactly how many million Accords cars did Honda sold and with that defects. This replacement repair considered very cheap as compare to other more costly cases before. Attached one link for Ignition key cylinder:

Honda Accord 96 Key Cylinder - Auto Parts Warehouse= Honda does not have to change the whole ignition lock switch -- just a new key cylinder will do.

You may Google for the other doors locks and rear trunk lock to find out the total cost of parts. This'll make million of us happy and especially to those who cannot DIY or does it need a Class Action first before the Company listen?

6. FYI - read below of "GearBox" 4th post: http://www.civicforums.com/forums/18...nual-here.html.