Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Replace factory speakers (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/replace-factory-speakers-2347/)

Green_Accord 03-15-2006 08:06 PM

Replace factory speakers

Hi all
Does anyone still have instruction on how to replace your factory speakers on 2000 Accord sedan? If you do.. can you post it in here.. thanks in advance...

lightshow 03-15-2006 09:29 PM

RE: Replace factory speakers

the front ones or the back ones?

Green_Accord 03-15-2006 10:03 PM

it's for the front.. thanks

marbro 03-15-2006 11:19 PM

im going to assume the door panels are no different from the 98.

you have two screws you need to remove, one in the open door handle ( you will see a little cap over it )
and the second one is in the door handle with the window controls you will also see a little cap in there, both screws are philips
if you want you can slide both of these out now and disconnect the wires from the window control
and you can pop out the metal lever from the door handle be careful not to break the plastic clip
the upper corner to the front of the car is a pastic cap with a plastic stopper in it, you can jsut pop that out with the pastic cap
now you will just pop out the door from there and watch for the wire going to the door light you can just rotate the light housing that is connected to the wire and pop that out
the whole door is held in by snapins just dont pull too hard if you do you could rip the door in half lol

Green_Accord 03-16-2006 01:53 AM

thanks for the instructions .. i'll be careful when i do that.. by the way, you guys know how to run the power cable for amp ? I know it has to be under the carpet but i dont know how to open the carpet up without cutting it..any help will be appreciated..

accorddriverc 03-16-2006 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Green_Accord

thanks for the instructions .. i'll be careful when i do that.. by the way, you guys know how to run the power cable for amp ? I know it has to be under the carpet but i dont know how to open the carpet up without cutting it..any help will be appreciated..
I ran my power cable under the panels in the doorway the plastic foor panels that just pull up

Green_Accord 03-16-2006 09:51 PM

oh we can pull the plastic floor panels right up ???

marbro 03-17-2006 12:32 AM

if youre running the wires through the center console you can remove the snap ins and run it under there to the carpet you will want to remove the back seat there is a single bolt about 2 or 3 inches right of center remove that and there are two snap ins at the front of the seat you can peel up most of the carpet to side the power cable under it. Its a little bit of a pain depending on how far you have the carpet pulled back

Green_Accord 03-17-2006 01:24 AM

thanks for the advices guys .. i'll try it this weekend and we'll see..thanks alot

accorddriverc 03-17-2006 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Green_Accord

oh we can pull the plastic floor panels right up ???
yes