Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Seltbelt Indicator [audio] PLEASE HELP ME! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/seltbelt-indicator-%5Baudio%5D-please-help-me-6764/)

kampfzentrum 01-01-2007 11:55 PM

Seltbelt Indicator [audio] PLEASE HELP ME!

I just bought a 2007 Honda Accord. I'm old skool and never drive with my seatbelt on and that chime that comes from the indicator is driving me nuts. I know that someone in this forum can instruct me on how to kill it.

There has got to be a way to solve this...

t00fatt 01-02-2007 12:40 AM

RE: Seltbelt Indicator [audio] PLEASE HELP ME!

First thing I am going to do is show you a pic of my last car.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...destroyed2.jpg
I was the only one wearing a seatbelt, and the only one that didn't go to the hospital.

Second, if you still want to do it I'll tell you. Its survival of the fittest anyways. There are two wires going into the seatbelt connector, cut them and join them. Good luck, hope you got good medical.

smaglik 01-02-2007 01:58 AM

great response. i couldnt agree more.

WheelBrokerAng 01-02-2007 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

First thing I am going to do is show you a pic of my last car.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...destroyed2.jpg
I was the only one wearing a seatbelt, and the only one that didn't go to the hospital.

Second, if you still want to do it I'll tell you. Its survival of the fittest anyways. There are two wires going into the seatbelt connector, cut them and join them. Good luck, hope you got good medical.

Thank You TooFatt, You gave him the best answer that he could ever get in this forum..only hope he heeds the warning..[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
WheelBrokerAng ;)

g.chenfan 01-06-2007 01:19 PM

Yeah no doubt~! It beeps for a reason...

michael1717 05-21-2007 12:56 AM

If Honda added a governor to the throttle preventing the car from going faster than 55 mph, would you all be as supportive? How about a mechanism that required a 3 second stop at a stop sign? Stop telling people how to live their lives. If you don't have anything constructive to answer the man's question, keep it to yourself.

I have research this extensively; the dealer, and hopefully some non-dealer mechanics, have honda's proprietary software ($3,000+ pricetag) which can control every aspect of the on board computer, including the chime. Persistence and some benjamins should solve your problem.

marbro 05-21-2007 07:17 AM

michael1717 arent you telling people how to live their lives by sayingdont tell them how to live their lives? What was stated was constructive. But based on your statement you arent meeting that whole requirement of having anything constructive to answer the mans question either.

MacLeod 05-21-2007 09:59 PM

Im with the crowd that hates these things. I understand seatbelts save lives and blah blah blah but if I dont want to wear one, thats my choice. I do wear a seatbelt 99% of the time but when I jump in and take a quick trip to the store which is about a mile away and never getting over speeds of 30 mph I dont wanna wear it and I dont want to hear this stupid thing beeping the whole way down there.

Its this whole "we know whats best for you" idea that I dont care for.

As was mentioned - none of us would like it if Honda somehow came out with a sensor/governor that wouldnt let you drive faster than the speed limit. 55 saves lives ya know.

And for the record, my little niece was recently in a horrible car accident and because she WASNT wearing a seatbelt, she survived. They were broadsided and the right side of the car was completely caved in. The cops said if she was buckled up, she likely wouldve been cut in half - literally. I know thats the rare exception but ya never know.

19Accord97 05-21-2007 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

michael1717 arent you telling people how to live their lives by sayingdont tell them how to live their lives? What was stated was constructive. But based on your statement you arent meeting that whole requirement of having anything constructive to answer the mans question either.
lol!

t00fatt 05-22-2007 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL:

If Honda added a governor to the throttle preventing the car from going faster than 55 mph, would you all be as supportive? How about a mechanism that required a 3 second stop at a stop sign? Stop telling people how to live their lives. If you don't have anything constructive to answer the man's question, keep it to yourself.

I have research this extensively; the dealer, and hopefully some non-dealer mechanics, have honda's proprietary software ($3,000+ pricetag) which can control every aspect of the on board computer, including the chime. Persistence and some benjamins should solve your problem.
I'm not for the chime either, I disconnected mine within the first month; but I still wear my seatbelt 99.9% of the time. No one here is demanding that you wear your seatbelt, if you don't want to wear it go for it. Your obviously not the brightest bulb in the pack anyways...