Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   SNHOND3 install KILLED my car!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/snhond3-install-killed-my-car-6970/)

notoriousflc 01-12-2007 05:07 AM

SNHOND3 install KILLED my car!!

After installing the SNHOND3 (directi ipod connection for honda's) in my 2003 Accord I found that I tripped the anti theft and blew a spark plug for the radio. When I replaced the spark plug and entered my radio code, everything was fine until...I found that my car will not start. Does anyone know what is happening? The car sort of just clicks, the headlights dim to almost dark when starting. All spark plugs are ok. Any advice?

WheelBrokerAng 01-12-2007 09:39 AM

RE: SNHOND3 install KILLED my car!!

E-mail Desert Honda or HondaDude on this one, they both will have had experience on this question:

WheelBrokerAng :eek:

notoriousflc 01-12-2007 03:26 PM

Thanks so much. I feel like it is some simple electrical thing that I need to modify in my car.

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 04:14 PM

sounds like something provided a draw on the battery.... it honestly just sounds like a dead battery or poor battery connection to me.... Have you tried to "jump-start" it?

notoriousflc 01-12-2007 04:22 PM

Yea I tried that. No difference in outcome. The battery is ok, my lights all work and the indicator button says its fine. I am going to try to clean the battery when I get a chance, but do the battery connections corrode that fast? My car was in perfect running condition before I did this.

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 05:01 PM

batteries can go from working to not working very quickly, especially if the connection is a little bit loose, however unless it's a loose connection on the starter (which is possible) or ground wire then chances are it's something else....

sir_nasty 01-12-2007 05:04 PM

could be the starter itself.... if it's just clicking then it's probably trying to at least go through the motions.... make 100% sure that all your connections are clean/tight first though...

notoriousflc 01-14-2007 05:03 AM

Checked all the wires and connections. I took them apart and cleaned. Now it seems like the problem is even worse. The car headlights wont turn on but everything in the car still seems to work fine. Have any of you heard anything about the immobilizer? Could this be what is causing my car's death?

marbro 01-14-2007 02:12 PM

i believe the immobilizer just prevents the engine from turning on, are you use you didnt splice or accidently cut wires you shouldnt have?

notoriousflc 01-17-2007 08:13 PM

The car is ok now. I called AAA and had them look at my car. It tuns outit wasjust be the battery!! I was relieved but felt pretty stupid. The guy told me it was a combination of the cold weather lately, and the fact that my jumper cables were crap. Thank you guys for all your input. I really appreciate it.