Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   which sounds better? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/sounds-better-6774/)

tran89 01-02-2007 01:27 PM

which sounds better?

what kbps-bitrates on an mp3 player and into the car speaker gives a high quality sound?? 125kbps? 160kbps? 190kbps? 320kbps? any other?? all comments are welcome...... thanks

sir_nasty 01-02-2007 02:54 PM

RE: which sounds better?

144 kbps at 96 khz (sample rate if I recall) is just slightly above CD quality. However, Unless the song was recorded at a higher sample rate then adjusting it up isn't going to make much of a difference... If you take a record and record it onto a CD it's still going to sound like a record.... When you are ripping or downloading and have different sample rate options go for 124 or better....

poser_pilot6 01-02-2007 04:13 PM

Yeah, I think 128kbps is CD quality. So just dont get anything lower than that, for sure.

theaccordshow 03-07-2007 11:41 PM

i dont think 128kbps is too good, sounds muddy, and highs run together. from what i have read, 256 is cd quality, but i always shoot for 320kbps. anytime u start compressing music, u lose quality.

poser_pilot6 03-08-2007 12:48 AM

I dont think so, I have literally thousands of songs downloaded and burned to CD that are 128kbps, and they sound the same as a CD I buy from the store. Thats burning them in regular format, I dont know about when you burn them as MP3s.

audiovtec 03-09-2007 06:48 AM

First of all I will have to say that theaccordshow is the most accurate one that has posted thus far...no offense
If you want as close to CD quality as possible you will have to keep the song in WAV format, which is the format of a Music CD that you buy from a store, but this is not in MP3 format. If you want to keep the song as close to CD quality then you will have to burn the CD at 320kbps. The lower the kbps the more compression and therefore the less quality (this goes with any digital media). The reason most songs are burned at 128kbps is because is probably one of the better compressions that balances out use of disk space (more compression = less disc space used = more songs) and the quality of the song. I personally burn all my songs at 192kbps. All this also depends on the quality of your speakers and other stereo components, if you are going to listen to your music in your car on stock speakers with a cheap FM modulator (or any FM modulator for that matter) the average person would probably not notice a big difference. But if you have at all upgraded any of your audio components then you can and will notice a difference, the difference is usually in the extreme highs and lows, since those are the first notes to be cut off by compression. I would also recomend that if you do upgrade your audio equipment that you upgrade everything because your sound is only going to be as good as your worst piece of equipment. Hope this sheds some light on your question without taking 3 hours out of your day.