Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Speaker Rattling! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/speaker-rattling-17089/)

misscedes 03-23-2008 07:48 PM

Speaker Rattling!

My car is brand new 07 bought in September, and for the last couple of weeks I've noticed that the passenger side speaker rattles. However, I do not believe it is blown since sound comes out fine, but only rattles when the bass hits at certain tones. It really gets on my nerves. I don't knowif something got knocked loose or what.So, would this be covered under warranty? Or should I just replace the speaker? Thanks

finch13 03-23-2008 08:58 PM

RE: Speaker Rattling!

Go to the dealer and talk to them. They should check it out.

t00fatt 03-23-2008 09:18 PM

Its prolly the door panel and not the speaker. Although it may be a blown speaker, and u can only hear it when the bass comes on. I've known a few people who never noticed their speakers were blown, so you may just not be able to tell.

finch13 03-23-2008 09:22 PM

Cone could also be torn... I have a set of component speakers in my room with a torn cone on the mid. It only rattles at certain frequencies in the 60 - 80 Hz range. I would recommend taking it to the dealer and see if they will fix it before attempting anything yourself, even though door panels are easy to take off. If you break something you can blame the dealer and not yourself!

misscedes 03-23-2008 10:22 PM

Maybe it is something in the door panel. I guess I will have to have the dealer check it out. I just didn't want them to blame me for blowing a speaker or causing any other damage and then have me payout the butt for it.At least I don't think I could have caused it, the bass is at +3 and i dont turn the volume up past 17 or 18 ever really.

pham9006 03-24-2008 09:51 PM

something similar like this happened in my lexus lx470.
the speaker sounded like it was blown. but wen i took the cover off, the speaker was actually hanging loose..somehow it popped out of its position.

VTEC2713 03-24-2008 10:50 PM

Some things to check:
-Speaker Housing
-Door panel
-Speaker Screws
-Blown Speaker
-Wiring

If all else fails, WARRANTY. It should be covered. And make sure your warranty does NOT say "Powertrain, Drivetrain, or 10,000-70,000 only" or a number of years for any of those. Cuz that wont cover anything inside the car after 6 months I believe. But everything Honda does is for the consumer so everything should work out just fine.

RTexasF 03-25-2008 05:05 AM

If it is still under warranty then there is your answer.

falkore24 03-25-2008 08:53 AM

On my last car, the bass from my components would buzz the heck out of the plastic sheet that is inside the door. I had to keep the bass pretty low on the front speakers to quiet it down. I had planned to replace the plastic with dynomat, but the tranny cr@pped out before I got the chance. This might be your problem as well.

misscedes 03-25-2008 04:36 PM

i haven't checked my warranty yet. i hope it covers it or else ill just have to check it myself. at this point, after listening to it, it doesnt sound like its blown.however, i did not think that it was so sensitive/poorly placed that it would pop off the housing that easily or something would get knocked loose in the panel. i avoid all potholes and go slow over bumps as much as i can so why this happened idk.