Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   speaker upgrade in an 05 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/speaker-upgrade-05-a-1798/)

spt118 01-23-2006 11:40 PM

speaker upgrade in an 05

Greetings again!

Before I get into my question I'd like to comment on this forum. I came over from the nissan xterra forum.. great forum, but a lot of search nazi.. and a lot of people more intrested in making fun of some people's lack of knowledge... I mean that's what a forums for isn't it? I haven't seen any of that on here really... great site you have running here.

ANYWAYS>>

I have an 05 lx manual... the speakers are weak... they have no base and crackle before even 3/4 of the max volume. I"m intrested in something with more bass and can take the volume higher without cracking...

I'm trying to avoid a sub, bass box or bazooka tube and or an amp at the moment..but would go that route if a must...

Anyone have any good luck with certain speakers?

Thanks again,

Sean[&:]

RTexasF 01-24-2006 10:27 AM

RE: speaker upgrade in an 05

I went with Kickers all the way around and it improved the stock setup dramatically. I'm well pleased and when I'm able to upgrade the power they will be able to handle it.

Shocker 01-24-2006 01:24 PM

If your looking to get more bass without your subs get some good 6x9's and infinity makes a set of 6.5 components that the speakers they call "woofers" i have some myself there pretty bassy

sTeVo! 01-24-2006 08:11 PM

i just got an infinity basslink installed in my 06 and it fit quite nicely on the back left side of the trunk behind the wheel well... it doesn't have the gut wrenching bass i've heard from other systems, but i don't want to go deaf anyway - also, i hardly lost any trunk space, and it does seem to have just the right amount of kick for all the different types of music i listen to - wish i had a picture... anyway, got the basslink (which is a sub with a built in amp)for $200 on ebay incl. shipping, and paid al&ed's $130 for a very clean install including power cable and "extra" (bull****) parts... anyway, next step is to upgrade the stock speakers all around - in the past i had some polk audio 3 ways and they sounded great w/out a sub... good luck, do your research, you shouldn't have a prob getting what you want.... [&:] oh yeah, so i'm able to turn the stereos bass waaaaaaaay down and turn up the remote sub volume and it can pound out some hefty bass lines... peace.

Greg S 01-24-2006 10:47 PM

Unfortunately your biggest improvement would be to add a sub of some sort to the system. At 3/4 volume you are actually getting to the point where the radio is starting to distort so no matter how good the speakers are they will distort. Generally the factory speakers are also more sensitive than most aftermarket ones, so they will sound louder with less power to them. You'll get better sound with new speakers but at a lower volume level. If you want more volume then you might want to start with an amp first and then change out the speaker after that depending on if you get the sound you are looking for.