Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   speakers up under windshield? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/speakers-up-under-windshield-41403/)

Tek310 07-11-2011 08:50 PM

speakers up under windshield?

what are these speakers mounted in the dash on either side of the defog vents right under the windshield and what size are they?

Peli 07-11-2011 09:58 PM

Those are tweeters. Just went to my car and popped mine out, they look about 2" across by 1" deep (don't quote me on that, I just eyeballed them and didn't pull them all the way out of the dash). Pretty basic. Very easy to get to, just pry them out with a screwdriver and take a look. You can also find and download the service manual to our car at http://www.wedophones.com/Manuals/Ho...e%20Manual.pdf the speaker in question is on page 23-228, but there's not much info on it, just how to remove it. From there it should be easy once you find a similarly sized tweeter!

keep_hope_alive 07-12-2011 12:46 AM

Correct. The tweeters are for high frequencies. They work worth the speakers in the door and fed from the same wire.

livinlifes2short 07-15-2011 09:14 PM

So is there a built in crossover in the cars stock? I have the tweets too if I install regular door spealers should I run the tweets as well will they automatically be hooked up ie same wiring? Thanks!

keep_hope_alive 07-16-2011 09:02 AM

there is no external crossover, just a high pass filter capacitor mounted to the factory tweeter.

if you install new speakers - they should be component speakers so you replace both the door woofer and dash tweeter.

livinlifes2short 07-16-2011 02:45 PM

Ok so dumb question do all components come with cross overs? If I get a mid class set of components can I just plug and play with no re wireing

keep_hope_alive 07-16-2011 07:38 PM

most components come with crossovers. the best set for our Honda Accords with minimal hassle is the Hybrid Audio Technology - Imagine I61-2 component speaker set for $200. the tweeter has a simple capacitor high pass just like factory.

livinlifes2short 07-16-2011 08:54 PM

Wow don't get me wrong I love my audio and normally wwould be down with this. However the reason I got into the Honda was to save money so looking to not invest alot so with thatin mind what would u reccomend.

keep_hope_alive 07-16-2011 09:52 PM

what are your goals? if you want great sound - it requires more effort than money - and that is completely independent of the vehicle you choose.

if you just want it to work, then buy whatever you can afford. $200 is the minimum investment i'll put in front speakers in any of my cars - but i want good sound. the stock speakers are just old. just about anything will sound better than they do now - but you want to replace them one-for-one: that means new tweeters in the dash location and new woofers in the doors. the new tweeters will simply need to have an in-line capacitor on them. and everything needs to be sealed like factory.

if you install coaxials in the doors, it'll sound worse than it did when it was new. tweeters shouldn't be low in doors, and Honda hasn't put them there for a very good reason. :)

you could just buy replacement factory speakers so you don't have any hassle. hondapartsdeals dot com should have them available. this is your easiest option.

you can get cheap component speakers for around $50 online. MB Quart has some inexpensive speakers that have decent reviews in forums. mounting will be a hassle regardless, so be prepared. you'll need a mounting adatper and speaker harness adapters, and proper speaker wire terminals. and you'll still want to add some weatherstripping foam to your shopping list so you can seal on both sides of the speaker basket - speaker to door metal and speaker to plastic door panel. seals are crucial for proper sound.

Haccord96W 07-19-2011 02:58 PM

dude honestly... just get a pioneer P4700MP... you will LOVE it, makes a crappy stock system sound like a 2011 masterpeice ^.^ just like mine, (96 accord)