Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   SPEAKERs at Wal-Mart (anyone) (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/speakers-wal-mart-anyone-3886/)

GRAVE06 07-05-2006 01:28 AM

SPEAKERs at Wal-Mart (anyone)

I'm looking for some cheep speakers and i saw some at Wal-Mart. they have some Pioneer 6x9 and 5 1/4 and 6 1/2.
anyone have any thoughts about buying from Wal-Mart or have perchased in the past. I have never tryed but they are Pioneer's.
:eek:

RTexasF 07-05-2006 08:36 AM

RE: SPEAKERs at Wal-Mart (anyone)

They'll likely sound better than what you have if they are 2 way or 3 way speakers.

hondaeng 07-05-2006 10:52 AM

I've bought pioneer from Walmart before. REmember, it doesn't matter where you buy them from, it matters what you are buying. Pioneer has never let me down. The best bang for the buck in my opinion..... You can get any speaker 20-50% off if you just shop for the model on bizrate.com. If they list for $100, you can probably get them for $60 shipped to your door. This is my preferred method of buying. Make sure to buy from a highly rated internet store.

sir_nasty 07-05-2006 01:52 PM

I'll second that. It's not about the place as much as it is the product.... Walmart actually carries some decent stuff once in a while... and if you buy something that is a 2 or 3 way speaker (as was previously stated) then chances are it's going to improve your sound (if you still have your stock speakers...) The other fun thing to do is find a place that says they will meet or beat anyone's price and go online, find the speakers, find out shipping and print out all the price pages (speaker price + shipping price) and go in and say you want them for that price and if they're decent they'll honor it.... staples is great for that...

hondaeng 07-05-2006 04:23 PM

Most stores won't honor online stores cost. I know Circuit City won't. If they did, They wouldn't make any money. They are killer expensive. [:@]

sir_nasty 07-05-2006 06:55 PM

Staples will!! Here anyway they will...

19Accord97 07-06-2006 03:26 AM

Wal-Mart does that too! But i'm pretty sure its just the ads out of the paper[>:]. To bad we couldnt bring in eBay prices[sm=smiley12.gif] eh?! haha

Your paying less because you aren't having a dude in a blue polo explaining to you what a speaker does!

stevephy 07-06-2006 10:28 PM

Check out FatWallet.com, they are awesome for finding rediculous deals.

You may need to read their explanation of abbreviations (YMMV, PM, IR).

Yeah, I've liked Pioneer, can't go wrong. Especially if your replacing stock.

One word of advice, if you can find it locally, make sure to listen to it. You may hear something better/different. It's the same thing I say about TV's (LCD, plasma, DLP, CRT), look for things that YOU like about the TV. Just because they say it has the best picture, or the highest resolution, doesn't matter if the picture doesn't look as good, to you.

StevePhy

purify 07-07-2006 07:46 PM

I'm not a big fan of pioneer. I would look for something a tad bit better. Maybe look for cheap Infinity speakers on Ebay. But thats me. If you like the sound, thats all that matters.

03Sleeper 07-15-2006 10:20 PM

Any opinions on Pyramid speakers? They seem kinda shifty...prices start at $1 to 10.

Alpine SPS-69C3 - $119.00 - $20 Rebate = Sweetness.