Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Stock Non-navi to Navi Connectors (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/stock-non-navi-navi-connectors-15166/)

jhowkins 01-05-2008 05:53 PM

Stock Non-navi to Navi Connectors

For anyone who has any interest in doing the non-navi/navi swap on their 7th gen, I've just finished the 1st of a total of 10 connectors to create a complete wire harness to hook it all together. There is at least 1 guy I know of that actually sells these wire harnesses (with modified/altered connectors) quite regularly on ebay for about $400. Once I'm done, I will have a complete wire harness for $200 with OEM style non-modified connectors, shielded where necessary, shrink-wrapped and with a complete walkthrough DIY for the installation of not only the wire harness, but all the components for a complete navi install as well. If you have all the wire you need already and would prefer to just buy the connectors and follow the wire harness DIY that I will also have available, I will be offering all 10 connectors with socket pins for $10 each or $90 for all 10. I will also offer pigtail versions of all the connectors for $15 each or $135 for all 10. (Notice that you'll get 10% off if you buy all 10)

So there you have it. I will still be publishing where you can buy these connectors yourself, you'll find that buying the complete wire harness is extremely competitive and possibly cheaper than buying everything yourself as there you will find there isn't just 1 place you can get all these parts, which means you will end up paying for shipping 3 times and that 3 crucial connectors are not available from it's sole supplier in single quantities (which means you'll end up with more connectors than you need).

Feel free to send me a message if you're interested in buying one of these connectors. I should have at least a few available for sale by the end of February and more into the year if there is enough demand. *** I might consider dropping the prices if I have more than 10 committed buyers, so let me know!! ***

If you want to see the first connector so far, check my website out. More to come.

sir_nasty 01-05-2008 06:00 PM

RE: Stock Non-navi to Navi Connectors

Cool project! Since you had to order in bulk I can understand why you'd need to sell them and recap some of your lost funds I would too! Will you be posting a complete How-To on this or are you going to keep that a secret for a bit to try and get some of your lost funds?

I'm glad we finally have a member doing this, I've seen a lot of posts of people asking how to do it. Keep us updated!

jhowkins 01-05-2008 06:13 PM

A complete how-to will be available on my website in PDF format. You can be sure that will be available AFTER I start selling the connectors so that people who have limited money and unlimited time can wait to save themselves a little money. When I first started this project, I was shocked that this kind of information wasn't already available. I guess that old saying just isn't true - "You can find out how to do anything on the internet."

If you are interested in buying one, send an email to accordharness@gmail.com to get on the waiting list.

jhowkins 01-05-2008 09:59 PM

I stand corrected. The wire harness you can purchase but has modified/altered connectors is $549 Buy-it-now (starting price $499)!!!

Check outthe listing.... Ebay Item number: 230208845910

He claims "Keep in mind that this wire harness is unavailable anywhere, I`m the only one who has it." --- How wrong he is... how wrong :o)

ashtray 01-19-2008 12:07 AM

Does anyone here have the wiring diagram of the actual OEM Navi that comes on the 2003-2006 Accords? I'm trying to find the specific wiring of the touchscreen. My goal is to send a carpc signal to the touchscreen and be able to navigate with it. Similar to what was done with the Acura TL at this link:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tegration.html
Unfortunately, the Honda Navi touchscreen is not the same and I can not seem to find which wires cary the signal and what is the best location to access them.

jhowkins 01-29-2008 03:20 AM

I have disassembled the navi head unit and have looked at the internal wiring. First of all, the Accord ETM does not have any instructions regarding the internal wiring of each component. If you try contacting Alpine, they remain tight-lipped as they have sworn secrecy of their product on Honda's behalf. I think there is a manual you can buy from Helm. I know there is a guy by the name of AngryCamel who have a discussion on Aurazine called "Hacking the IEBus" which basically deals with how to interpret the existing signals sent on the communications bus on Honda/Acura navigation systems and sending them to a carputer. Hopefully that helps you out.

jhowkins 03-17-2008 06:38 PM

! UPDATE !

I have the online store ready to take orders over at www.geekeng.com - You must join as a member before you can place an order. I have a new shipment coming in at the beginning of April, so I should be able to satisfy everyone's connector needs. If you can't find a connector you're looking for, send me an email at geekeng@gmail.com -- please attach a picture of the socket and any other information you have and I'll see what I can do for you. I will also have pigtail harnesses available for most connectors once my next order comes in. I am hoping to have complete Accord wire harnesses ready to ship by the beginning of summer. I will do my best to keep the price as close to $200, but I might charge $300 for the first 5 or so to recoup money I've spent on this. If you care to know, I will have spent in the excess of $1400 on connectors and pins by the time I finally have the wire harnesses available. Reselling connectors has hardly numbed the financial burden this project has put on me.

In case you're wondering... all connectors w/ uncrimped pins are $10 and pigtail connectors will be $15 once they are available. If you are in need of extra pins, I'm selling them for $0.50 a piece.

So if you are doing the non-navi to navi swap on your Accord... or any Honda/Acura vehicle, come on over to geekeng.com or send me an email at geekeng@gmail.com with whatever you have in mind.

jhowkins 03-25-2008 04:04 PM

!!! UPDATE !!!

I can start selling pigtail harnesses for all black coloured connectors now that I have the correct crimping tool. I'm still awaiting another tool to make the green coloured connectors.

Cheers!