Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Stock radio codes (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/stock-radio-codes-9142/)

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 05:13 PM

Stock radio codes

Anyone know if i can get the security codes for the factory radios online? Or do i have to go to the Honda dealership to get it?

sir_nasty 04-24-2007 05:16 PM

RE: Sotck radio codes

I have yet to see a place online that will do it (for obvious security reasons) but most honda dealerships should tell you without to much hassle....

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 05:25 PM

So i just take it in and get it checked? Because awhile ago i called and tried to do it over the phone and the guy said that the number didn't exist or something so maybe i read the code wrong

sir_nasty 04-24-2007 05:38 PM

If the car is asking for a security code there has to be one.... It's the easiest for them if you just stop in with the car...

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 05:56 PM

Well see, i swaped out the stock radio for an aftermarket cd deck and when i give the car back to my dad, i will put the stock radio back in so i need the code for that one. I also got my friends radio out of his 1998 Accord after he swaped his out and i would like to get the code for that one too. so you think that the best thing to do would be to just take them to the honda dealership??

sir_nasty 04-24-2007 05:59 PM

Ideally I'd just take them down there.... you can try calling and see if they will give you the correct info.... On the second deck that was given to you by a friend you may run into some issues getting the security code since the whole reason for the code is so that it's useless to steal an OEM deck (in theory) so if the dealership is very security concerned then they may not want to give you the code for the second one... but you never know, give a call and see what you can come up with, if you can't get anything done then just tell them you'll swing it by, be sure to get the name of the person you talk to so you can referance the conversation if need be.

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 06:11 PM

RE: Stock radio codes

Alright i'll give it a try, if they won't check both, i'll just take them down on two different weekends. Thanks for the help!

00AccordLX5spd 04-24-2007 07:17 PM

I thought only the EX models had security codes? Is your car an EX? I was just gathering the "LX"from your name. I have a 2000 LX and I don't need a code at all for mine.

I, like sir_nasty, doubt the dealership will give you the code to your buddy's radio. Unless he still has the car and will go down to the dealership with you. This is just a guess, but I bet the serial # on the radio is somehow cross referenced with the vin # on the car it came out of.

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 11:08 PM

Yeah, my car is an lx, but i thought that you needed codes for all the honda stock radios? Isn't that what they do on all honda's recently?

1996AccordLX 04-24-2007 11:09 PM

Oh, and i never thought of this until now but my buddy totaled his car, so could that be why the # doesn't come up in the system?