Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Subwoffer on a 2009 honda accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/subwoffer-2009-honda-accord-27734/)

p1ric 09-02-2009 11:19 AM

Subwoffer on a 2009 honda accord

Hello i put a subwoffer on my 2009 honda accord i have a 1000watt amp and two 12" dub box in the trunk.The rca is connected with an install edge device everything is working but am getting a humming sound everytime i drive the car OR TURN OFF OR ON THE CAR is there any way to stop it?Please help :confused:

My03Accord 09-02-2009 12:29 PM

If factory amp equipped, what you are hearing is the factory amp shutting down or turning on delayed compared to the sub amp. Try using the same amp turn on lead from the factory headunit to the factory amp instead of accessory. Where is the line out coverter? Behind radio or at rear speakers. Would make a difference if before or after factory amp. Check the output gains on your line-out converter and make sure they are no more than half way. Double check your ground make sure its on paint removed steel part of the car. No sharing with a bolt from a tail light assembly or anything of that nature.

p1ric 09-03-2009 11:00 AM

every thing is hooked up correctly what i did is disconeccted the install edge from the rear speaker and hooked it up to the 8" factory subwoffer and the humming stoped but i dond get the hpf controll on the amp any more so theres just hard bass coming from the box now it sound ok but not the way i want it to

My03Accord 09-03-2009 01:08 PM

The factory sub is already filtered for lowpass. Ideally you don't want to play subs above 80Hz. Factory is probably around that or even 60Hz. The only way you'd get that back is switch back to the rears. But if you don't have that harness for high-level, i'm not sure where you would find something like it. As far as your sound, play with the gains a little bit. If you have bass boost that too but at a low amount otherwise you'll introduce distortion. Thats really about as much as you can do with your setup. Only other option would be aftermarket headunit.

Briggz 09-03-2009 02:33 PM

Try simply reducing your gain... turn it most of the way down and see if the humming goes away... If it does, then play with how much you can turn it up before the humming comes back. I had the same problem a couple years ago, and that was my solution.

botang47 09-03-2009 10:34 PM

humming noise, eh?
make sure your power wire and rca's are run on opposite sides of the car

p1ric 09-04-2009 10:54 AM

It all seems to be working fine with the 8" factory sub connection it would sound better with a new head unit but i dont want to change it. the factory one is ipod ready and has a 6 cd changer besides if i change it i loose the sreen on the dash.

I did reduce the gain and no matter what i did that humming sound was still there i think its a signle coming from the rear speaker.
i was thinking to leave the positive wire on the 8" sub connection and runing the negative wire to the rear speaker i know it sound stupid but do you guys think that would work for my hpf controll

and again thanks for the help you guys rock :D

shabba 09-18-2009 09:18 AM

get a better amp the filters dont usually work very well on sum amps lol especially sony. as of ur feedback problem get a crossover at a car audio place it will give u a clear sound and will also let u get a huge bass boost. they usually start around $30

My03Accord 09-25-2009 01:14 PM

get a better amp the filters dont usually work very well on sum amps lol especially sony. as of ur feedback problem get a crossover at a car audio place it will give u a clear sound and will also let u get a huge bass boost. they usually start around $30
/\/\/\Blah blah blah. /\/\/\/\ Don't need the crossover and it won't give you a bass boost unless its a line driver like bass cube or something like that.

Running power and RCA same side won't matter as the frequency for noise is beyond what the sub can reproduce.

Your options are pretty slim. I'd go back to running the signal from the 8". That would be best in your car being its factory. The new sub will be playing the same frequency as the factory, so the sound design would be the same just a little stronger in the low end. If you didn't like the boomy sound your getting last time, play with the gain and filter again and disconnect the 8". Leave bass boost off on the amp, all that does is make it sound like mud. You'll still get filtering from the amp, just that the slope will be steeper and your boundry is preset at the frequency from factory. You don't want the subs to play any higher than 80Hz anyways. Anything higher will also result in your boomy sound as its amplifying a large range.