Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   subwoofer with power booster (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/subwoofer-power-booster-24960/)

nj_accord97 04-22-2009 11:34 PM

subwoofer with power booster

hi guys
i have alpine stereo and pyramid power booster 300 watt 350 watt pioneer speaker
2 sony door speaker and 2 nice tweeters.i like the way it sound but im lookin for more bass
can i install a sub without loosing my power booster?
if possible what should i get and how to install it

thx

t00fatt 04-23-2009 02:13 AM

Power booster? Do you mean an amp? There is nothing stopping you from adding a sub to an aftermarket HU, even if it doesn't have a sub output. Don't know of any alpine HUs that don't have a sub out though.

nj_accord97 04-23-2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt (Post 168439)
Power booster? Do you mean an amp? There is nothing stopping you from adding a sub to an aftermarket HU, even if it doesn't have a sub output. Don't know of any alpine HUs that don't have a sub out though.

when i said power booster i mean Power Booster Graphic Equalizer Amplifier ? do u have any idea how to get more bass with that thing

t00fatt 04-23-2009 09:25 PM

If it doesn't had a sub output, then just run the sub off an output off the alpine and use the alpines crossover and EQ to set the sub. While your at it, I would get a real processor. From a quick look that thing is total crap, I doubt it has any more power than your alpine. Can't say anything about the equalizer, but I would bet money they can't come close to an alpine processor. Not to mention you get a lot more than just an equalizer with a processor.

MacLeod 04-26-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by nj_accord97 (Post 168566)
when i said power booster i mean Power Booster Graphic Equalizer Amplifier ? do u have any idea how to get more bass with that thing

I remember those things. I had a 50 watt Sony "power booster" EQ back in the early 90's. Theyre pretty much worthless as a power source. Set the thing to passive and use it for an EQ but forget about getting more power out of it - its just not capable of any power because its too small. Youre gonna have to get an amp if youre wanting more power.

nj_accord97 04-27-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by MacLeod (Post 168944)
I remember those things. I had a 50 watt Sony "power booster" EQ back in the early 90's. Theyre pretty much worthless as a power source. Set the thing to passive and use it for an EQ but forget about getting more power out of it - its just not capable of any power because its too small. Youre gonna have to get an amp if youre wanting more power.

-------------------------------------------------------
i know that EQ kinda crap but i really like the sound filtring it does
anyway i got today DHD amp 4 channal 400watt and passive EQ
and sony amp 2 channal 2000watt for the subwoofer .
i would love to install by myself ....i will be more than happy to do that
i just dont know how and what i will need to have form cables and and ........and how to install it......
please if anyone know i will need pictures plz.......

t00fatt 04-28-2009 06:15 PM

Google is your friend...