Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   System speakers help!! Please (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/system-speakers-help-please-45330/)

werdna1013 02-03-2012 12:51 PM

System speakers help!! Please

i set up my amp and my touch screen radio but every time i go over a bump or something the speakers would go off and just have a bass to it. it goes off ever time even when the music is not on !

werdna1013 02-03-2012 12:52 PM

i also would like help if someone can suggest the best indoor speaker that are really loud. because my radio's max is to 40 volume but you cant hear it when not in the car . its really low

crispin 02-03-2012 02:58 PM

Ok I just want to make sure I understand you, when you say a loud indoor speaker you mean you want a speaker that is inside you car versus mounting on the roof outside, is that correct?

Also about it not being loud enough, perhaps you can trade in your "touch screen radio" for one that has a max volume of 50 then you could go 10 more louder.

neophyte 02-03-2012 09:46 PM

are your speakers amped? or are they running off the deck? sounds like a loose connection. if they are amped and your amp is not secured you could have cracked you board. if you are not amping the speakers they are not going to get much louder. a detailed description of your build would be very helpful. that way we could tell you if you need new speakers or a bigger amp or what.

keep_hope_alive 02-04-2012 08:57 PM

sounds like you are powering your interior speakers form the head unit. the sound going out is because of your installation - the wires are shorting out. describe everything you (or someone else) has done. i assume this was not a professional installation.

if you want to be loud outside the car - point speakers out the windows and roll down said windows. putting a row of speakers in the rear (4 or 6 full range coax) will reflect off the glass and leave the vehicle (if windows are down). i don't recommend doing any of this, but it's how you do it.

you need to describe the vehicle (year/make/model), take pics of the install, list all equipment (make/model), and describe how everything is wired (including method of making connections, if any splices were made, etc.)

werdna1013 02-06-2012 10:32 AM

sorry guys

my bad yea im very new to this. i got a 2006 honga accord 4 door. but the wires are connected from the box to the amp and from the amp to the engine and the radio.

and for the volume. i was asking if there is a type of door speaker that can increase the loudness. because the box booms with the bass its just i want the voice to be much higher. and it has nothing to do with the setting on the radio or anything.

once again sorry im new to this im trieng to just get to know how to work this thread and help out my car :D

neophyte 02-06-2012 03:24 PM

once again. if you do not amp the speakers they will not get that much louder.

werdna1013 02-07-2012 11:36 AM

okay is there a tuturial that teaches you to amp the speakers?

neophyte 02-07-2012 07:36 PM

are you going to get aftermarket and amp them or amp the stock speakers. it is the same amount of work either way and IMO you get better results with aftermarket speakers as well. let us know what all you are replacing and what all you want to amp and there are a few people on here who can tell you how to do it. it isnt much harder than amping a sub.

keep_hope_alive 02-07-2012 08:33 PM

The factory speakers are as efficient as you will get. More volume requires new speakers and an amp for them.

If you have a stock HU and speakers, and they cut out, then your LOC install is poor and you are shorting the speaker wires,