Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/touch-screen-dvd-i-pod-bluetooth-16068/)

98hapimped 02-10-2008 01:57 AM

Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH

I'v been looking around for a new raido for my 1998 honda accord. I would like it to have DVD and I-Pod. If possible bluetooth but thats not to important. I was seeing what yall though i should get. I dont have a prefrence of what type but right now its an Alpine. Needs to be in-dash with a 7" screen or smaller. Also if you think its to big please tell me and if you got any new ideas. Thanks.

Dillion

t00fatt 02-10-2008 03:52 PM

RE: Touch Screen DVD/I-POD/BLUETOOTH

I am extremely satisfied with my Valor in dash. While I don't have the bluetooth model I see a lot of good reviews on the bluetooth feature. While it isn't the world's best headunit, but I think it has the best value. At $400 for no bluetooth and $500 for bluetooth (Crutchfield Prices!) you can't really beat it. Only cons to the headunit is the heat it produces (it does have a fan) without even using the internal amp. I've been running it for an average of 3 hours daily only playing MP3 and Video DVDs and have had no problems with my DVD drive. And the new iPod Classic does not work with the unit I have, but I believe there is an update for the bluetooth version for the new iPod line compatibility. If your not going to get a pioneer or eclipse I would go with a Valor headunit.
Valor ITS-703W

dubedaccord 02-29-2008 01:18 PM

I agree I have a valor as well. I like it...but as far as 7 inch being to big, I dont think it would be a problem unless your AC and heat knobs are where the screen would sit. but if you have the heat on either put your middle vents up so as not to burn up the back of the screen with the heat.

ieetgluu 03-03-2008 09:07 PM

Im rocking a Kenwood DDX-8017. Its got a 6.5" screen. I like it. Plenty of options.

stevent 03-04-2008 01:31 AM

or you can go the route I chose which was to buy a stand alone 7' monitor and mold it into the double din and buy the 3rd din off of handaaccessories and add a dvd/cd player of your choice. I think it'll be cheaper this way then buying a 600+ system. I spent a total of probably 250-270.

ieetgluu 03-06-2008 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: stevent

or you can go the route I chose which was to buy a stand alone 7' monitor and mold it into the double din and buy the 3rd din off of handaaccessories and add a dvd/cd player of your choice. I think it'll be cheaper this way then buying a 600+ system. I spent a total of probably 250-270.
Nice, adds some custom appeal too. ;) I was lucky to get my kenwood new, for less than a refurbished one.