Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Trunk (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/trunk-7892/)

Jcaleno 02-28-2007 02:46 PM

Trunk

Hi. I have an 93 accord LX 10th anniversary. It takes 6x5 speakers in the rear deck, but I want to put 6x9, except that there is a metal bar that won't let me do it. this bar sits right under the speaker in it goes all the way from one side of the truck to the other. Now, simple question:

What is that bar for? Can I cut it withoit losing some sort of function?

otherwise and as a follow up question, can anyone recommend good 6x5 speakers with good base? I don't have an amp, but I might get one later.

Also is there another way to remove the front speakers other that to remove the door panels? if not, is it hard to remove these panels? what should I be careful with?

Thanks.

audiovtec 03-09-2007 07:18 AM

RE: Trunk

Response to Question 1) I have no idea what the bar is for
Response to Question 2) I don't know if you can cut it and lose function
Response to Question 3) Your budget really defines which speakers you can get...what is your budget? And, I would not get an amp unless you are going to spend some major $$ on speakers
Response to Question 4) As far as I know there is no other way to remove your front speakers with out removing the door panels
Response to Question 5)
The biggest worry would be breaking the little plastic pins holding the door panel on (~ $2 ea) you can preatty easily buy tools to remove door panels and those pesky plastic pins

marbro 03-09-2007 09:29 PM

not sure what bar your talking about either..... look to see if its connected to the trunk lid in any way..... or better yet, take a picture post it, but if its for your trunk you need it to keep the lid up when the trunk is open if its not for the trunk...... i have no idea..... havent been in the trunk of that generation of car

poser_pilot6 03-10-2007 12:31 AM

It almost sounds like you have an aftermarket rear strut bar. Was this car completely stock when you bought it? And by "6x5" dont you mean 6.5 inch?

porter351 03-18-2007 02:17 AM

that bar is for the trunk lid. DO NOT CUT IT.

if u want bass get a sub.

yess u have to remove the door panel. if u are really that worried about breaking something circuit city charges $40 for speaker install. thats only 20 a door its very worth it.

19Accord97 03-18-2007 04:28 AM

I was also really nervous about taking my front foor panels off. But after one and a few nervous prys it was fine. They work w/o any problems @ all. Just a few things to unhook and snap. The only thing is that my ecperience w/ installing the speakers sucked. But id do it over again and save the money.

karlneff 06-14-2007 07:25 PM

If you're talking about a round metal rod about 1/2 inch thick, it's the trunk lid spring, and you really do need it - without it your trunk will be really hard to open & won't stay open.
Removing the door panels is pretty easy, and very necessary to see what's behind them - be very careful though, or you may end up going to the boneyard to replace door handle assemblies, etc.
Most 6.5 inch speakers will come up short in the bass; you will probably end up getting a subwoofer anyway, so cut to the chase & figure on doing it anyway - if your rear seat folds down, put the sub enclosure behind the seat; leave it up for normal listening, fold it down for extra boom!

tru_44 06-14-2007 10:58 PM

don't cut bar. your rear deck uses 6.5, as does mine.the casin/cover that the 6.5 sits in can be taken out. They make those same casin/cover in 6x9 all u have to do is search.