Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Trunk Carpet - Anyone know a good source? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/trunk-carpet-anyone-know-good-source-38347/)

TooSlow 02-23-2011 01:21 PM

Trunk Carpet - Anyone know a good source?

As the title says, I'm looking for a good source for MATCHING trunk carpet. Can anyone suggest a good source? It will be used to cover a subwoofer enclosure.

I can see from pictures posted here that some of you have found well-matching carpet...

keep_hope_alive 02-23-2011 05:10 PM

I buy my carpet from Parts Express. Latex backed for water protection or standard cabinet carpet for boxes, amp boards, etc. Affordable and good quality. Latex backed is good for flat pieces but difficult to wrap around a box and seam.

if you want more color selections, I have some other sources I can dig up.

TooSlow 02-24-2011 07:31 AM

Thanks, KHA. I'm assuming (from your various build threads) that the Parts Express "CHARCOAL" matches the Honda trunk carpet well then.

keep_hope_alive 02-24-2011 12:52 PM

Pretty close, it is what I have used. There will always be s difference between new and used carpet.

93blackaccord 02-24-2011 08:26 PM

you could check the oem site but you"ll probably have to pay more than you intend to :eek:

TooSlow 03-01-2011 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Parts Express carpet was a pretty darn good match. See attached picture of the new box. It's a sealed 1.25 cu ft box. You'll note that the trunk carpet is actually a bit darker than the seat-back material. The trunk side is a great match - which is what I wanted.

The JL sub is rather old and is temporary. You have to love the faded surround - this thing just keeps thumping... The new sub should be going in shortly.

keep_hope_alive 03-02-2011 09:39 PM

old JL subs sound nice. I still have some Hollywood Sound Labs 12" that were basically JL W4 with different colors. they still work great and i bought them in 1996.

that looks nice. ensure you have a good seal between the front of the sub box and the trunk opening - as airtight as possible for the most bass in the cabin.

again, nice job. i really liked that configuration when i had it. smooth and accurate bass that wasn't overly boomy.

TooSlow 03-03-2011 07:42 AM

Thanks! Where do you think I got the idea? :D I was copying parts of your install. I did this in another car as well with an old-school kicker competition sub and LOVED how it sounded. I always received complements on that setup - and finally sold it to a friend who wanted it in his car.

I'm sealed real well on the sides and bottom - but there is a gap along the top. Do you think I'll hear/feel any noticeable difference if I seal that up?

Yeah, this sub sold me on JL stuff. But, I pulled it out last night - this box was just too big for it. I'm honestly not sure which model it is - other than it's a 4 ohm 12" single voice coil from the 90's. It was a little boomy in a .8 cu ft box, and sloppy in this 1.25 cu ft box. I'm thinking 1.0 would be perfect for it.