Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Trying to get a decent sound in my Accord 2012 LX (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/trying-get-decent-sound-my-accord-2012-lx-48940/)

Salar Ansari 07-18-2012 05:37 AM

Trying to get a decent sound in my Accord 2012 LX

Hello everybody...

This is my first post in this forum so amaze me with your help : )

I am willing to spend some money, making my car's audio system proper.
I really want to have a decent sound in my car.
I looked online to find any stereo's for the car but apparently there is nothing and I don't want to get anything unless it is designed for its panel.

From what I know there are 6 speakers in my car so I think with replacing them with some quality speakers and adding a sub it should sound right.

I am not good with the technical stuff so please help me in that manner and tell me what is the best choice I don't want something extremely loud.

- Loud enough to enjoy and as clear and decent as possible.

Adding amps and etc. is also not a problem.

I have seen people mentioning the genre they listen so I will too..
I listen to good music : )

keep_hope_alive 07-19-2012 09:31 AM

you can replace the stock head unit but the kit will look cheap and the radio will look out of place. you can get an OEM look by paying a competent shop to make a custom double din touch screen mount. but that could run you a grand with the head unit and labor.

note on replacing the stock headunit:
Installation Details for your 2012 Honda Accord Sedan without Navigation system; with 6 speakers; Without Dual zone climate controls

If the factory radio is replaced, the factory AUX input connection will be lost.
  • Once the factory radio is removed the compass and clock are lost. The heater display will continue to work.
  • You'll lose the factory clock if the radio is replaced.
  • You'll lose your factory XM capability if you replace your factory radio.

in order to get good sound from the stock head unit, you want an OEM interface processor. The JBL MS-8 is an excellent start ($640). It has a built-in amplifier to power factory speakers directly. For replacement speakers, the installation and amplification of the speaker determines the sound quality. The MS-8 will also tune the sound system for optimal sound quality without you having to hire a professional.

For speakers, you have 6.5" woofers in the front doors, 3/4" tweeters up in the dash, and 6.5" in the rear deck. The front and rear woofers require a mounting adapter because the factory speaker has a funky mount. If you buy through crutchfield, you get the mounts and instructions for free.

The following recommendations are available from Crutchfield (call and you may be able to work out a package discount):

You can start with the MS-8 powering factory speakers, then add a sub amp and sub. If you want even better sound, I recommend the following speakers, to be powered through an external amplifier:
Polk Momo MM6501 - $399 front doors/dash
Polk Audio DXi 650s - $99 rear deck (rear speakers are optional, not required for good sound)