Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   V.I.Q. Needing Answers ASAP (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/v-i-q-needing-answers-asap-24105/)

AccordLXMaster 03-11-2009 06:08 PM

V.I.Q. Needing Answers ASAP

i jus got a W3 12 from a guy in a trade and turns out i dont no the guy so please dont tell me to contact him or anything...well its a nice w3 actually and after doin slight research turns out these are incredibly good subs...problem is...i cant get mine to work....not saying its blown or anything im just saying i cant get it to work....doenst have modern terminals has terminals that a 6X9 would have or front door speakers...but when i even jus touch the wires from a power supply to the terminals it dosnt do anything...no noise nothin...as if it was jus sitting there with no wires....its wierd....i need ways to rule out problems....and to single it down to one...just plz plz plz do not tell me to use a multimeter because at the moment its not possible....i need help..thx

t00fatt 03-11-2009 06:19 PM

Well a multimeter is the best way, but the other way you tired is also how to check it. Get a 9 volt battery and get some wires connected to it. If the sub doesn't pop or move forward and hold the coil is blown. I've never done this with a sub but I would imagine the movement would be very small but still noticeable. The coil can be blown without damaging the suspension at all. I'm sorry but I have a feeling that coil is blown, and the W3 is a nice sub.

AccordLXMaster 03-11-2009 06:41 PM

well if the coil was blown wudnt i be able to see it or no??? because the cone is still attatched

t00fatt 03-11-2009 06:46 PM

Lol no man the coil is attached to the cone, inside the magnet. You can't even get to the coil without pulling the surround off. Real competition subs have a removable cone to replace the VC or the cone itself. I think you just got ripped off nasty....

AccordLXMaster 03-11-2009 06:57 PM

well tecnically he traded me a box for 2 and 2 12s for my box for one and a 12 so really it was even i just got and extra box so to speak

t00fatt 03-11-2009 07:20 PM

Well have you hooked it up to an amp and it didn't work? Or did you just try hooking it up to a DC source? It wouldn't hurt hooking it up to an amp, even though chances are that VC is dead.

live2rice 03-11-2009 07:21 PM

So I just figured out what V.I.Q. stands for.

I feel proud.

t00fatt 03-11-2009 07:25 PM

I just figured out the honda engine coding, and I feel like a retard lol

live2rice 03-11-2009 07:29 PM

Yeah I think everyone will get a good laugh out of that when they read it.

t00fatt 03-11-2009 07:34 PM

Lol I know car audio and nothing else car related