Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   WALMART ROCKS!!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/walmart-rocks-11388/)

HuYnHness 07-30-2007 08:06 PM

WALMART ROCKS!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Well as the title states I love Walmart . How this is starting out sounds like it belongs in the Off topic section but i have reasoning.

so i went there today just to see what i could find to install my amp. i know theres a car audio section but i never really paid too much attention to it but i did remember seeing a scosche battery terminal. so i checked and found just about EVERYTHING i needed for, i think. a pretty reasonable price.

Attachment 23539
Scosche
4 ch amp wiring kit $32.43
18ga speaker wire $6.28
output converter $17.77

3m
crimpers 15pc $2.33
slide connects 15pc $2.33

self adjusting stripper/crimper $9.88

hershey kissable snack for installation hehe $.48

plus tax came out to be $77.40

i might return the stripper crimper its really not that great

but if you guys think i can get a better deal else where please tell

19Accord97 07-30-2007 11:43 PM

RE: WALMART ROCKS!!!

What do you need the output convertor for?

I got my wiring for $30 of eBay. The brand was audiopipe and it rocks! Whats the gauge size of it?

HuYnHness 07-30-2007 11:56 PM

i know the norm is 4 ga or bigger but its actually 5 ga weird... but i think its good because its a 4 ch amp kit meaning i wouldnt have to pay extra for another rca wire and theyll both max haha
and i need the output converter because im using my factory radio and i need the rca outputs
how big is your audiopipe?

sir_nasty 07-31-2007 11:35 AM

My friend's boat recently had the Main Starter Fuse go out on it and we went down there to good ol' wallyworld and bought one of those skosch fuse casings but needed the wire too, so off to home depot for a $2.00 piece of oil/fuel resistant wire, then over to checker auto parts for a 50 amp fuse (wallmart only had that fuse available in a whole kit) then back to the boat, we wired it all up and now he's got a nice easily replaceable fused link! The reason this story is so great is that we started our search at about 7:30 at night and had to stop at 3 different stores but walmart was the only one open that had that inline fuse holder available. so yeah walmart is pretty cool but not cool enough....

irocmcgradys 08-16-2007 10:18 PM

On the other end of the spectrum I got ripped off at bestbuy with a 109 dollar amp wiring kit from rockford fosgate

finch13 08-17-2007 12:00 PM

Yep same here with the Best Buy stuff. I even paid for installation and an extended warranty too. That was back when I was 15 and didn't even have my license yet. I've used the Scosche wiring kits for 3 or 4 cars and they hold up. Wire is wire as long as its stranded copper wrapped in insulation.

vtecHef 08-17-2007 11:28 PM

mmmmmm kissables !!!but ya i got everthing but the converter and the crimpers for $40.. a memphis kit

Fenix 08-18-2007 11:34 AM

48 cents for the candy...Best deal EVA

MacLeod 08-18-2007 08:55 PM

Nothing wrong with that.

Im using the 14 gauge Walmart speaker wire. 50' for $12!! Cant beat that anywhere!

smaglik 08-19-2007 07:53 PM

you can also get plastic spinners at wal mart