Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Wire Verifications for Navi System (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/wire-verifications-navi-system-8158/)

g.chenfan 03-13-2007 03:00 PM

Wire Verifications for Navi System

Hey all, back again with a wiring questions. I'm hooking up an Alpine NVE-N852a in my 05 Accord EX. The unit requires that I wire it to the
[ul][*]PARKING BRAKE SIGNAL LINE[*]VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR PULSE LINE[*]ILLUMINATION SIGNAL LINE[/ul]
Can anyone verify where and what color each of these wires are?
Appreciate all the help guys :D

porter351 03-18-2007 02:08 AM

RE: Wire Verifications for Navi System

for speed sense it should be a blue/white wire at the ecm/pcm.
The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the VSS wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 26. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 11.

illumination is red black at the radio harness

and finally parking brake is the only wire that comes of the parking brake. Most likely u can just ground this wire though as it will allow u to put in addresses while u drive.

g.chenfan 03-18-2007 03:58 AM

ORIGINAL: porter351

for speed sense it should be a blue/white wire at the ecm/pcm.
The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the VSS wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 26. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 11.

illumination is red black at the radio harness

and finally parking brake is the only wire that comes of the parking brake. Most likely u can just ground this wire though as it will allow u to put in addresses while u drive.
Thanks Porter351.
I know I have a 4 cylinder but I have no clue about the 31 pin connector...but im sure I canmanage and find it.

Is there anyway to bypass the parking brake deal? Or is bypassing it the same as grounding it?

porter351 03-19-2007 02:23 AM

yeah grounding it is bypassing it

porter351 03-19-2007 02:24 AM

that wire should be easy to find u can test it with a digital multi meter

g.chenfan 03-19-2007 05:13 PM

Cool. I will definatly try all this and hopefully get it to work. Thanks for you help porter

g.chenfan 03-22-2007 05:42 PM

Is there any other Illuminator that I can use aside fromt he one from the radio headunit??

porter351 03-23-2007 12:03 AM

yeah u can go under the dash and fing pretty much any red black wire might be the parking lights. just test with a multi meter. ull almost definatly find one in the kick panel by the fuse box. just make sure u test the wire before taping into it.