Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Xenoneyes.com HID kits (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/xenoneyes-com-hid-kits-12060/)

pyaarawala 08-27-2007 07:36 PM

Xenoneyes.com HID kits

Xenoneyes.com is offering HID kits for $155 shipped for as high as the 12000K kit. Anyone have these and know if they're good? Or if the price is good? I'm thinking of getting the single beam because I never use high beam anyway (it's technically illegal). But what's weird is that if I choose to get 3000K or 12000K they are the same price. Anyone know why?

Also, does anyone have a thorough and easy guide to installing the HID kit? I have aftermarket smoke angel-eyes headlights. Do I get 3 bulbs for each headlight or just one for the main light?

live2rice 08-27-2007 11:18 PM

RE: Xenoneyes.com HID kits

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

But what's weird is that if I choose to get 3000K or 12000K they are the same price. Anyone know why?

they are usually the same price, btw incase you didnt know the lower the number the brighter they are

pyaarawala 08-28-2007 11:53 AM

I was thinking of doing the lowest K to have the crystal white color. Anyone have trouble with cops pulling them over with hids? what about inspection trouble.

live2rice 08-28-2007 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

I was thinking of doing the lowest K to have the crystal white color. Anyone have trouble with cops pulling them over with hids? what about inspection trouble.
the lowest k is 3000k and that is VERY yellow, crystal white is about 7000k, 12000k is purpleish.

pyaarawala 08-28-2007 02:45 PM

Is it harder to install these HIDs on Angel-eyes? My angeleyes light housing is smoked and it says H3 on it. H3 is available in the single beam but not dual beam. Does that mean my car can't have the Bi-Xenon hids that allow high beams in HIDs too?

Fenix 08-28-2007 02:46 PM

i have a problem with what you said Rice. Let me preface this by saying that im not dissagreeing with you, just that it doesnt make sense to me and maybe you could elaborate a little more. If thebrightest is 3K and its yellow, why does the white look brighter? Or is it that yellow just isnt that intense of a color?

falkore24 08-28-2007 03:12 PM

I might be wrong, but isn't super white the brightest? (~5000-6000K)

I know that color temperature is counter-intuitive (ie - high temp = cold light), but I thought that for the most part that white is the brightest given the same Wattage.

pyaa - the fixture shouldn't make the installation any harder since it is made to fit the same volume of space, but if the bulb is very close to something undeer the hood, that might increase the difficulty. Basically the kit installs like any other lightbulb. The hardest part is finding where to mouunt the ballasts and ignighters (the top of the wheel wells work well). I have 5000K and have not had any problems with cops.

pyaarawala 08-28-2007 04:07 PM

what color is 5000K exactly? from xenoneyes there is only 4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, and 12000K. I'm only thinking about white because my car is white lol. Purple sounds cool but I think I'll have a problem with cops. And I'm not sure about blue.

Falkore, is 5000K like ice or crystal white or something? I'm thinking along the lines of the brightest and nicest looking white hids possible.

Anyone have decent pictures of each of these Ks?

2002haccord 08-28-2007 05:25 PM

5k is white i got 30,000 on mine and theyre deep purple and i havent gotten any problems wit da police matter infact i got a compliment last time i got pulled over for speeding he said they were nice.6k is whitesh blue 8k lite blue 10k blue 12k violet

oh yeah check ur low beam from ur headlight because if theyre projectors they dont use the stock bulbs sizei think theyre h1 well thats wat mine were when i bought them i was mad cuz i already had my hid kit and didnt fit so i just kept stock headlight and i cleared them and blacked them out myself and u can find cheaper hid kits on ebay i bought mine from there had them for past 2 years nothing wrong so far

pyaarawala 08-28-2007 07:03 PM

I have aftermarket smoke angel eyes headlights though and the housing says H3 on it. So I'm assuming I need an H3 hid kit, right?