Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   xm radio feature Title vs. Artist (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/xm-radio-feature-title-vs-artist-53340/)

ronfelder 03-02-2013 07:58 PM

xm radio feature Title vs. Artist

I have recently found this site to ask my question that i'm not getting answered at my dealer. I found a comment on how this xm radio works on a Honda Pilot forum. I asked it there and i'm asking it here now. I believe both vehicles use the same audio system. So between the two sites perhaps i'll get an answer to my question.

On my radio usually leaving it on Artist I only will ever see the Artist. For me to see Title I have to push the title button to Title to see the Title of the song. Well that is how the radio i've been told is how it works. Sometimes though my xm radio works as you describe here. Being in the Artist function the radio will display the Artist at the beginning of the song and for about 5-10 seconds it will switch to the Title and then back to the Artist. I've asked someone at my Honda dealer about this and was given a run around. Claiming that it's Xm's doing. Wrote to my salesman who states if the service person told you that then so be it. Now this doesn't always happen. Usually one needs to push the title button to Title to see the Title of the song but the toggling of Artist and Title happens enough that I know it can be that way.

Now after that long rant and hopefully and explanation of my problem and that the Pilot and Accord to the best of my knowledge use the same radio anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? How do i get it to stay in the toggle function?

Thanks for any help in the matter.

neophyte 03-02-2013 10:03 PM

my XM was an aftermarket unit, but whenever a new song came on, if it were set to artist it would always show the artist, then the song, then go back to the artist and remain on the artist.

Is this what you are saying is happening? if so I believe it is something to do with the way the xm is sent out from the radio station. I dont think it has anything to do with your unit.

ronfelder 03-02-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 313388)
my XM was an aftermarket unit, but whenever a new song came on, if it were set to artist it would always show the artist, then the song, then go back to the artist and remain on the artist.

Is this what you are saying is happening? if so I believe it is something to do with the way the xm is sent out from the radio station. I dont think it has anything to do with your unit.

Yes that is what I mean.alternating between sissy and title.IF XM send out a command for the radio to do this it should happen all the time.The problem is that it doesn't do it all the time.Most of the time it only shows the artist in the Artist function.

neophyte 03-03-2013 08:26 AM

oh. I would think it would happen all the time. mine did it all the time. but like I said it was an external unit.