Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Yellowtop diffrent kinds? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/yellowtop-diffrent-kinds-13606/)

t00fatt 10-30-2007 11:28 PM

Yellowtop diffrent kinds?

I finaly got back an optima yellow top I had in my last car, a suburban, that I totaled a year ago. I can put it in my accord right? Are there diffrent types of yellow tops? Or is a yellow top a yellow top?

t00fatt 11-02-2007 10:29 AM

RE: Yellowtop diffrent kinds?

I installed it a couple of days ago and no problems. Only reason I asked is because when I originally bought the battery; I went to a Batteries + (Plus) store and asked for a Optima yellow top and the salesman wanted to know what car I had. I asked him why, and he said because he needed to see if my car could handle the bigger battery. At the time I was confused on why he would think a yellowtop would be to big for a suburban.

sir_nasty 11-02-2007 11:51 AM

I don't know why any vehicle would have a problem with a bigger battery (unless he's talking about physical size)

MacLeod 11-02-2007 04:34 PM

That would be the only difference - physical size.

You can get a Kinitek battery thatll fit in the Accord that has 1800 CCA's!!!!!

marbro 11-02-2007 08:18 PM

kinitek 1800 CCA..... yum...... i wish i has a huge amount of expendable income

Calm_B4_Chaos 11-02-2007 08:22 PM

My car runs on 24 AA's ... Duracell... ;)... I would love to have 1800 CCAs....Especially when I get my DVD player...

marbro 11-02-2007 08:28 PM

*blinks* unless you have a crazy system in the car a dvd player would probably run for over 14 hours off a regular battery.

Calm_B4_Chaos 11-02-2007 08:35 PM

oh .... well now you see how tech savvy I am... :D

t00fatt 11-02-2007 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

*blinks* unless you have a crazy system in the car a dvd player would probably run for over 14 hours off a regular battery.
On that subject, how good is the yellow top for watching movies with the car off? I do this a couple times a day while I smoke uh, a cigarette . How long do you think it would go for with my in dash dvd player and a 60x2 rms amp? I know yellowtops are better for high current then stored power. I've been pondering on installing a battery isolator and have two batteries, but I don't know.

MacLeod 11-04-2007 10:28 AM

The Yellow Top is a deep cycle battery which means you can run it down to almost dead and when you crank the engine up itll recharge to full capacity.

With a normal battery, if you run it down and then recharge it, it will not have the capacity it did before.

So the Yellow Top is perfect for using stuff with the engine off.