General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

As much info as possible on MCUs Dash Lighting, and stereo replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Z4m
Default As much info as possible on MCUs Dash Lighting, and stereo replacement

I have been working on the stereo of my 2002 6th Generation Accord, 2.4L I4 for several months, i started with two shiny new kicker comp R’s, replaces apeakers, then head unit, I’ve had some issues back and forth but this one is starting to make me angry. I don’t like being angry, nor as I suspect, do most people, my problem? Dash lighting, seems like a minor issue, I admit, but I don’t think enough is said. I have trawled everywhere, even the deep web for information pertaining to this subject. However. There isn’t mich, and I do hope that someone out there is able and ready to share this information with the rest of he world, because I for one am sick of this BS and I really do t understand why, if I can replace an MCU, which was in perfect working order in the donor car I removed it from, do I still have this issue, I have been absolutely unrelenting and to a T have made sure to consistently keep the orange and in my case black illumination wire completely unplugged. I would really like to know what the hell is going on that so many people encounter this issue and I never see a solid start to finish answer laid out for anyone, there’s a single place on the entire line I have not checked, the Under hood fuse. Frankly I simply don’t know what it looks like and apparently neither does Honda, I’ve come to a couple of conclusions. One. It’s that fuse. Because it’s not any other and if that’s your only contribution to this post you may as well keep moving. Two: maybe burnt up this MCU also? I doubt it because nothing works, how could it burn up also? Checked old MCU I’m 95% sure it works still too, but I’m not going to put it back in. Besides, my moonroof didn’t work before, now it does, so I’ve leveled up slightly. Or 3: it’s something I’m completely overlooking and probably right in front of my face, any help is appreciated except stupid *** comments about in-dash fuses, or any stupid comments, and if you know all there is to know about MCUs, the lighting and car audio, and in any case know both what to do or the proper procedure for preventing this or repairing it, this is your place to shine. Because I need to know ASAP. My car is also my home, and not being harassed constantly by the local constabulary would be a nice change of pace. If you don’t mind, I sure could use some expert advice....thank you and I’m sorry I tend to ramble...

Old 10-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I know you're not the first to have this issue, as I remember reading about it on 6th gen accord forums.com (remove the spaces) as quite a few people have had to replace the multiplex unit because of changing the radio. I don't remember the exact cause though, as I've slept since then. It's also been months since I've been over there as there's only 2 people that actually give help, and 10 more in the general chat section that bs with each other and that's it. That forum is slowly dieing off for help, but the archives are full of good info, and you might find your answer there in them. Sorry I'm not much help.