Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   4cyl inline upgrade VS V6 swap (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/4cyl-inline-upgrade-vs-v6-swap-16459/)

HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007 02-26-2008 11:52 PM

4cyl inline upgrade VS V6 swap

Hola!HELLO!HI and all that good stuff lol

OK lets get down to business, i'm rolling in a 99 accord with a 4 cylinder ULEV engine...YEAH I KNOW pathetic...lol 150 HP

My goal is 300 HP..

Anyways, recently i did some research and i'm stuck between to things and i need someone's opinion I'm interested in eitherswapping my auto transmission on my 4 cyl for a manual, swapping my cylinder heads for the H22 cylinder heads(if its possible),placing a flywheel and clutch, placing a turbo manifold, new exhaust system, and placing a turbo on the engine...

OR

Swapping in a J32A2 engine and transmission seeing how the output will be close to 300 already, i figured a new exhaust system should keep kicking in all the power i want and need...BUT i've been hearing falses creeds that since my accord is a 4 cylinder,V6 engines will not fit.. I just want to know what would benefit me more...Doing swap 1 or swap 2...ALSO if ANYONE HAS EVER DONE A SUCCESSFUL J32A swap into a sixth generation accord PLEASE let me know AND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE just let me know... well thanks you guys let me know your opinions on this subject..

02BlueAccord 02-27-2008 09:22 AM

RE: 4cyl inline upgrade VS V6 swap

im not a pro on engine swaps but i would do the first one. it might be more money. but in the long run the H22 is endless with upgrades as ppl say. and i think i read somewhere that u can put in the J32 its just not a perfect fit. i might be wrong tho. wait for someone more pro on swaps to answer the question

02BlueAccord 02-27-2008 09:29 AM

scratch the j32. i was thinking of the J30A1 which is the v6 in our years car.

89dxlame 02-27-2008 04:12 PM

turbo 4 bangers can easily produce 300hp. exhaust on the v6 wont increase hp by THAT much might have to mod a little more to get 300 hp. just get forged internals on a 4cyl. high boost plus big injectors. done

HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007 02-27-2008 07:40 PM

actually i know that exhaust doesnt do anything but add and I QUOTE the SOUND of power....but not power itself..look thing is, im not really into racing but im a speedster...and if i am racing...its like random ppl at a stop light or somethin...thats whyi was thinking maybe i'd drop a V6 in the bay and leave everything stock except the fuel system and exhaust and call it a day...seeing how the J32A2 is kicking around 260 HP i figured what the heck why not...most of these cars im running into are stock anyways and are usually heavy cars like grand prix's,chargers, magnum's mustangs...the whole point is is that i just want more power and it looks the J32A2 does exactly that for me...plus i heard the performance on that engine IS SWEET...i heard its so silent sometimes you wondering if the car is still on(thats with stock exhaust of course)...but the main thing i want to know is if a V6 is able to drop in the bay of my accord seeing how its a 4 cyl inline...some people say yes some people say no...i just wish i could find ONE person who's done this swap and i need feedback on it!

superballz00 02-27-2008 09:10 PM

First off how much are you planning to spend? Even if the J32A2 does fit I would think that it will cost more to put in than the J30A1 since the J32A2 is an Acura engine whereas the J30 is an Accord engine. IMO going with a V6 would be better since it is really hard for any 4cyl to make up all the torque the V6 has over it. Also you won't have to mod the V6 as much so there is less chance that something will break. But note that although the accord is lighter than most cars, it is front wheel drive. If you go up against a RWD car that is a little heavier at around the same HP and torque then it's up for grabs. The more power an engine has the bigger the difference in acceleration between FWD and RWD.

HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007 02-27-2008 09:57 PM

yeah i know i was thinking the same thing...well the J32A2 and the J30A1 are the same engine EXCEPT there is a HUGE difference in power....200HP(J30A) and the 260(J32A)...as you can see its a good difference..and i've already found a J32A with auto tranny for a 1200...i just don't want to jump into it and find it it dont fit...and yeah its true a FWD does have a better advantage against a RWD especially on slippery terrain cuz it'll take a RWD car longer to catch grip of the terrain while FWD is just a straight shot thru...and trust me i know LOL...you should see how many mustang's try to catch up to me and end up spinning out of control when it just finish raining

superballz00 02-28-2008 01:44 AM

I thought the J32 is different from the J30 since its a 3.2L engine.

BlkCurrantKord 02-28-2008 07:18 AM

The H22 head fits. Search for G23 Vtec. Either of the Jseries motors will fit too, you'll just have to reroute mounts, wiring, fuel lines, etc. So basically, don't even think of it since you have a 4cyl. Many people have done the J32 swap, search www.v6performance.net

Whatever you do....stop racing at stop lights like a tard.

HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007 02-28-2008 08:30 AM

first off the H22A is coming from a vehicle thats lighter then mine DUH!the 6th generation accords are a little heavier then usual and number 2 its not like literally running stop lights they just rev their engine and i always make sure its clear...and of course i know the engine bay would have to be changed around...and besides if the H22A is all you can offer i might as well stay stock because my engine is Vtec right now...