Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   95 Accord EX Coupe (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/95-accord-ex-coupe-14907/)

hipskaterdude 12-25-2007 05:49 PM

95 Accord EX Coupe

I wanna put some money into the engine just make the car faster, i don't know where to start, can anyone help???

00AccordLX5spd 12-26-2007 09:59 AM

RE: 95 Accord EX Coupe

Start by searching the forum.
Intake/exhaust/header(maybe) is where most people start.

benjiaccord 12-26-2007 07:25 PM

Bolt ons. First thing. Just like the previous reply, intake, headers, exhaust. Honestly? Get some lighter wheels too. If you can find them, Centerline made a line of wheels called RPMs the 17" wheel weighed less than 14lbs. If you want 19s they weighed like 17lbs if I remember correctly. IF not, Motegi Trak Lites were pretty light too. But those are a decent amount of money to lay down, brand new they were like 215 a piece if i remember correctly.

If those don't work for you, you could always get a bunch of bright stickers and put on your car. Those are pretty much good for 5hp a piece! Trust me, I asked the high school kids, they told me so!

Kidding.

SVTMike 12-27-2007 03:25 PM

My Accord has too many miles on it for me to want to mod it. But if I were in your positionI wouldn't spend any money on acold air intake/exhaust/header/wheels. I would get an K&N drop in and mod my stock box to pull cold air. Then I would get a nitrous kit and run a small shot. Check this video of this 95 ex running a55 shot with an auto.Your car would be a total sleeper. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...7b016eb8ae.htm
Do you know much about nitrous installation and safety? If not there is plenty of good info on the net and maybe this site.

sir_nasty 12-27-2007 03:54 PM

A cold air intake that is properly tuned (or SRI for that matter) will make more horespower than a modded airbox.

SVTMike 12-27-2007 08:40 PM

Agreed, butmany more, probably4-7 on a dyno? You can't even feel that, that's hardly worth the cost to me.

WheelBrokerAng 12-27-2007 08:56 PM

Hello New Member and Thank You for joining up with us.
Put that money in the bank and let it grown and add more to it every week...then keep looking while you are saving..you will find out what to spend it on down the road. ;)

JohnL 12-27-2007 11:38 PM

IMO it's silly to start your mods with spending money on upgrading the engine. Start with making it steer, handle and stop, then invest in the engine. This way the chassis will be fit for higher power later down the track, instead of a potential death trap.

This is even more true if you want to race the thing, at least initially money spent on going around corners and stopping will nearly always be better spent than money that makes you go faster in a straight line, i.e. lap times will be lower if you can go faster in the corners than if you can go faster on the straight (if you follow my meaning).

accord4sroy 12-28-2007 11:01 AM

svt, i would say that you can mod your car if you put that same engine with a lot less miles on it. i think you can probably do a lot of things to your car since you sound very mechanically inclined (i am pretty sure i used the right words here) where you are good with working on cars. i like that 5th generation body style as well. good luck with moding your car. keep us posted on what you do. that's amazing how many miles you got even if it is a honda. how's the transmission going on that thing?

sir_nasty 12-28-2007 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnL

IMO it's silly to start your mods with spending money on upgrading the engine. Start with making it steer, handle and stop, then invest in the engine. This way the chassis will be fit for higher power later down the track, instead of a potential death trap.

This is even more true if you want to race the thing, at least initially money spent on going around corners and stopping will nearly always be better spent than money that makes you go faster in a straight line, i.e. lap times will be lower if you can go faster in the corners than if you can go faster on the straight (if you follow my meaning).
This is spot on. Anyone who doubts it should look at the track times for the Mini Cooper vs. Mini Cooper S, while the S has a supercharger the added power with lack of further upgrading the suspension causes it to break traction and the Cooper (base) is actually faster around the track.